Trains - British Mk 3 Coaches (Modelled with CSG)

Been working on these for a RO-Scale game I am working on, would appreciate constructive criticism or any advice on how to improve, or if you guys think that its good enough

10 Likes

I think this is pretty good. The only thing I see is that you maybe could add some reflection to the windows? Besides that, great work! :+1:

1 Like

The roof could use some smooth shading, but looks pretty nice overall.

2 Likes

You did a very good job in constructing your model! I appreciate it and recommend to use it in a train game.
Though my only suggestion is that please change the color texture so it would look more lively.

2 Likes

It is going to be added to my RO-Scale Train game I’ve been working on, and personally I prefer the Smooth Plastic Texture for most models/parts, thanks for the feedback though!

1 Like

I have glass material on the windows, its a bit hard to see in the images, but it is on there, glass does have a natural bit of reflection to it, the screenshot was taken in the shadowed side of the model, so its not easy to see

3 Likes

I don’t know the exact context of your game, but so far it’s looking really clean. The way you constructed it is very nice. Maybe try adding some detail if a player is going to be actively focused on the train. If it’s just for decoration or a background object this is perfect. :+1:

2 Likes

I like the style you are going for! I might recommend perhaps smoothing the gangways like you did with the roof so they aren’t so square, I would also add some buffers to each side of the coach and maybe some small signage + details of equipment at each end. I would also make the orange door light slightly smaller and perhaps a small door handle or button depending on the era. Either way a great start, looking forward to seeing it progress!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I might see about adding curved gangways, I can add some buffers, and I will add a button as these are powerdoor fitted coaches!

1 Like

This looks pretty inaccurate to be honest. Mark 3s usually have fold slam doors, this looks more like a Mark 2D-F with a different underframe and bogies.

The new ones have Powerdoors to comply with new rules to be operated past 2020

It’s still inaccurate with the way how the underframe and bogies look. The windows on the buffet car are different from what you made, and there’s a difference on the actual buffet car on the other side of it.

I’d like to thank everyone for all the feedback! I am currently using most of your feedback to improve! I will show improvements soon!

I couldn’t get any reference images that showed me what the other side of the buffet car looked like, and my reference image for the buffet car are exactly how my modelled ones are, however not all buffet cars may be the same, mine are based on the Mk 3 Coaches made to be used for the HST Rolling Stock

1 Like

Improvements!

Feel free to give any more Feedback!
The Coupler hook will be extended, for now its placement is there due to its hitbox and scripts it uses for coupling, uncoupling etc.
I will not be adding any small details as this is for a RO-Scale game, the small details will hardly be noticed and I am trying to make it as lag-free as possible, considering that most Roblox users won’t have a decent pc or device

1 Like

As i previously stated, the bogies look like B4s, which Mark 3s didn’t use. BT10s were used on Mark 3 coaching stock, and the underframe on this model looks like a Mark 1’s underframe, as the Mark 3 has an underframe skirt, and the coaches are 23 meters long, which isn’t like on this model.

1 Like