Train's rolling stock "hops" off tracks

While in motion, rolling stock being pulled by my engines tends to “hop”. This can cause huge derailments if the engine on a turn. This is less of a problem for slower engines, (60 sps) but there are a few fast engines (150 sps, 200 sps, etc) where this issue is more common with.

I’ve tried adding weight to stock wheels, and removing elasticity. The wheels use legacy Hinges (just because they’re easier to manipulate). The wheel density for engines is 100, and for stock it’s around 35-40, as this helps the engine not have to slow down on curves.

Edit 1: Video removed since I realized the derailment in it was caused by a lifted track, and I’ve been unable to recreate the problem.

Edit 2: The problem seems to be occurring much less, meaning this may be a false report. I’ll keep the post up just incase I find anything else.

2 Likes

Kinda of a stretch, but ive encountered many train derailmrnts that happen because of a networking problem. Though It is a bit hard to know what kind of derailment is happening without a video provided.

1 Like

I was thinking it could be the torque. Small engines have 1000 torque and bigger ones use 2000. But if I lower it, the engines get slowed down by a lot. I don’t really know what to do anymore.

Or, maybe, it’s wheels having no friction?

It could also have to do with using legacy hinges. Those are old, and with everything old in roblox, they sre problematic.

They (legacy hinges) only really have problems when the part with them is small. The pins on engine siderods, being 1x1x1 if I remember properly, tend to freak out on some people’s screens. Engine wheels are 1x5x5.

Since it is the rolling stock, what kind of connection are you using on the engine to csrriage?

It’s coupled with rope constraints. When two couplers touch, the rope attaches, and you can click the couplers to decouple. Although, I doubt the couplers are the issue since other games that use the same couplers don’t have this problem.

Can you send me a video of the bug?

It seems things are really going off the rails.

Your post has been flagged for being a non-contributive reply

What do you mean lol
We are still trying to fix it

I’ve lowered the top speeds of engines, so this problem should happen less if not stop entirely. I’ll come back to this post if anything.

EDIT: Problem solved. Stock rarely track-hops now. Thanks for the support, @PILOT5A, even if your solutions didn’t work!

Hey, if you still esnt to use the old speeds, you could try upstop wheels.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.