Transform tool backtracking grabbed objects

First noticed today in a new studio place, inserting two default parts and clicking one and dragging the other.
When selecting a part in workspace, i am unable to drag the part without clicking it once more and then drag it.
If i select one part, then select another part and start dragging the other part, it is moved to the previous parts location and will move with the current offset.

Also using the Select tool will slightly move the parts a bit while dragging starts.

EDIT:
This appears to only happen on new places. Old places works as intended.

Video showing the Transform issue:

Video showing the Select issue:

Fresh studio file with two new parts:
Weird transforming.rbxl (52.0 KB)

Beta Features: (Happens with non enabled as well)
Aerodynamics, Assistan preview, Editable Images/Meshes, Grass length, Material Generator, Multiplayer Wrap Fix, Notched Screen Support, Terrain Editor, Texture Generator, UIListLayout Flex, Updated Roblox Controls, Video Uploads.

Expected behavior

I expect the Transform tool to start moving the selected object from the first click as well as keep its original position when dragged.
I expect the select too to only move the part in the direction i drag, with the correct distance.

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

I’ll look into this. If you want a workaround, this is due to Deferred events. Set Workspace.SignalBehavior = Immediate to avoid the issue.

Expected behavior. The select tool takes the point you picked up the part by and snaps it to the point on the ground under the part your cursor is over. This results in a jump in position when you start dragging. The Dragger QoL Beta has additional UX which makes it clearer what’s going on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.