Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Frequently Asked Questions

Transformers Dark of the Moon FAQ
Game: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Hey everyone!

I recently launched the 1.1 update to my Transformers fangame and I’m happy to see it has started blowing up! I’ve been getting a lot of feedback and questions, so I felt it was a good idea to make an FAQ, just as a centralized place for people to look if they have questions. Thank you all for the support and I hope you continue to enjoy the game!

I do not own the IP of Transformers. Dark of the Moon is a nonprofit fan work I made for fun. Transformers is owned by Hasbro and Takara Tomy.

The game is not finished and is still being updated, so I appreciate any and all feedback!

Q: Where is a good place to give feedback?
A: You can send me a private message, post on Transfans, or post in the Sector 7 community! (link is in the game’s socials) Just please do not make suggestions in more than one place.

Q: Will you update the game soon?
A: I’d love to, but unfortunately I am a stem student :pensive:

Q: Will you add [x character] to the game?
A: It really depends. I am currently very happy with the roster as is, and while there are characters I do wish to add someday, my highest priority will always be bugs, balancing concerns, and potential quality of life changes. I also do not plan on adding characters from other continuities.

Q: Will AoE, TLK, and Bumblebee movie characters be added to the game?
A: See the above answer

Q: Will you make more maps?
A: I really want to, but I feel the map selection is mostly okay as is, and there are bigger concerns I want to address first, such as the current maps not being totally performance-friendly. I will say though, a game called Bransformers Bark of the Goon that doesn’t have any references to goons is kind of a letdown.

Q: Will you make more game modes?
A: Same answer for will I make more maps.

Q: Can you fix the lag?
A: This one is very hard to approach, because I do not have a way to feasibly playtest the game on every platform, and there are a number of things in the game I don’t want to remove, even if they clear up a lot of lag. That said, I will keep trying, because I know there are plenty of optimization changes I can still make. Just keep giving me feedback!

Q: Robo, why do your models look so bad?
A: I originally made this game back in 2011 to coincide with the film’s release, hence why the models look so old. When I was working on the 1.1 update, I felt changing the aesthetic was a very low priority because I wanted to focus on the gameplay above everything else. However, someday I would love to revisit the models and update them if I find the time!

Q: Why are characters like Ultra Magnus, Motormaster, and Nemesis Prime in the game?
A: This game used to be a complete ripoff of Lewa1267’s Dark of the Moon game, which had those characters haha. I did not want to get rid of any characters when doing the 1.1 update so I instead chose to just make them more unique, but they get to be the exceptions to the rule that I don’t want to add characters outside of Bayverse.

Q: Why does your FAQ look exactly like Mark’s?
A: shhhhh

Q: Why are Mark’s models in your game?
A: It was Mark’s idea lol

Q: How do I unlock skins in this game?
A: Skins? What skins? :grin:

Q: Will Devastator be added to the game?
A: Devastator is already in the game.

Q: Your game says it’s non-profit, yet the private servers cost 25 robux.
A: I don’t make enough robux to use the DevEx program, and even if I did, it feels wrong for me to do so with a copyrighted IP, which means I still will not profit. As for the reason the private servers aren’t free, I do not wish to take away the ability to make private servers because I know they are important for people who wish to roleplay in this game. However, my game is PVP before it is roleplay and my biggest fear is there will be so many private servers that public servers are empty, hence why I am against making private servers free. I may consider lowering the price or making it free someday if the active playerbase is big enough though!

Q: Will you add game passes?
A: I do not wish to monetize this game and I draw the line at private servers (see above) and Premium Payouts (I have no control over this). Besides, don’t you want to unlock your characters by playing the game??

Q: How do you make your models?
A: I use the default tools in Roblox Studio, plus plugins like GapFill, PartPicker, and Model Reflect. My friends also recommend F3X. Alternatively, you can make them in Blender and import them to Roblox. As for how to make the models playable, there should be blankbot morphs or pre-existing Transformers suits you can find in the Roblox free models Library.

Q: Can I be a developer for your game?
A: I am not looking for any devs right now so no, but I appreciate it!

Q: Can I make a video about your game?
A: Sure! Just be aware that some music tracks from the game can get you a copyright claim. Also, a link in the description would be appreciated!

Q: Robo, can you sell me your assets?
A: Nope! Sorry, I won’t. But if you want to ask how I did certain things, my messages are open!

Q: Robo, is your name actually Robot Ron Fan?
A: Yes

Q: Robo, do you use your game to procrastinate on assignments?

Q: Robo, do you hate Transformers?

Q: Robo, they’re called suits, not morphs!!

Q: Robo, you said something really mean to me a few years ago and I don’t like you.
A: I’m really sorry

Q: Robo

27 Likes