Translation contribution reports - data not correct?

Reproduction Steps

Download the “translation contribution report” from the experience’s Localization page.

Expected Behavior

In the report below, it shows we had 44 new strings added during this period. However, it says over 3000 new translations. This cannot be correct before (almost) all game strings were translated long ago. The “translated entries” should be no more than 44.

Actual Behavior

Here’s another report. Again, the translated entries are higher than the new entries.

Screenshot_2

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/903807016/localization
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Often

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

1 Like

Hey @mrfergie - we’re currently looking into this. Would you be able to temporarily add @c1c1c1harlie as a translator to your experience so they can take a closer look?

Hello, thanks for looking into it. I added the user.

Also, I am still seeing the issue BTW.

Hey @mrfergie - seems like our engineer still doesn’t have access to your experience. Could you confirm that @c1c1c1harlie has been added as a translator to this experience?

Yes it’s still on there

Hi @mrfergie, I see that I’m added as a translator to your experience, but as a translator I’m not able to view the Game Translation Updates section of the report; only Game Translation Status is visible to me. Could you help verify a few items for me:

• This issue is not specific to one timeframe but persists over every timeframe. Could you do me a favor and try out at least 3 different timeframes to verify this?
  • It’s entirely possible that for any given timeframe, Translated Entries is higher than Entries under the Game Translation Updates section. This is due to the fact that these two values are not strictly tied. One might have added 10 new Entries, but also 1000 translations to existing entries that were hitherto untranslated, thus making Translated Entries have a value of 1000. Could you help verify whether this was the case or not?

Thank you!

It seems the “Game Translation Updates” section was removed from reports. I cannot see it either now, when I used to be able to.

This information is useful so I can pay my translators for the appropriate amount of work done. Otherwise, it’s very difficult to keep track.

Also, I did not know that the numbers in question could be old strings that were newly translated. I would check the reports again to verify this, but I can’t do that now of course.

1 Like

Hi @mrfergie, there’re two places where a game owner can download the reports:

• On the main “Localization” page (where you can see a list of supported languages for your game), there are 4 tabs at the top: Languages, Translators, Reports, and Settings. When you download a report from the “Reports” tab, it recognizes you as a game owner and you’ll be able to see all information, including “Game Translation Updates”, in the report.
  • From the main “Localization” page, you can click on the blue “TRANSLATE” button; then, on the left-side bar, there’s a link to “Contribution Reports”. When you download a report here, it recognizes you as a translator and you’ll have limited visibility to the information. You won’t be able to see “Game Translation Updates” in the downloaded report, which is only visible to the game owner. Please note that the UI here will display the name of the translator who is requesting the report (see screenshot below).

I’ve verified that the Creator Dashboard is behaving as expected (as what I described above) on my end. Could you try it on your end? Please leave a comment if the issue still persists for you.

Thanks! Sorry about the confusion.

I found the owner-version reports file. I did not know previously that “new translations” also included old strings. I also didn’t know there were two places to download reports with two different permission levels, interesting!

Thanks again for the help. It seems everything is normal now that you’ve explained how these are intended to function.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.