Translation Feedback Bug: Issues with Selecting SurfaceGui and Reporting in First Person

If an experience has a semi-transparent frame covering the entire screen, SurfaceGui and other Gui forms cannot be selected. Only ProximityPrompts and other screen GUI can be selected.

Reproduction:

1. Join a game with a semi-transparent frame covering the screen, such as (The Art Museum - Roblox).
  2. Attempt selecting any SurfaceGui
  3. The SurfaceGui is covered by a semi-transparent frame, and cannot be selected as having an error in translation. The issue is worse if I try to report an error in first-person, when accessories become visible in the Translation Feedback window.

Possible Fix:

Creation of a feature that prevents the selection of the semi-transparent frame in reporting translation errors, and/or other translated text.

Examples:

Note that the blue overlay shows the selected semi-transparent frame covering non-selectable SurfaceGui.

Expected Behavior: I expected the semi-transparent frame to be ignored (with no text), allowing me to select SurfaceGui in my experience when submitting Translation feedback.

1 Like

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thank you for flagging!

1 Like