[CLOSED] Translations For Roblox Battle (2018 Edition)

I am in the final stages of development, no major changes unless I get the Rocket Race map source code, or bring back my own. One thing that isn’t public knowledge is that it will be open sourced on launch. This means any contributions will become public domain.

Task
I want to include localization in Roblox Battle (2018 Edition) to serve as an example on how to do localization. I am looking for translations of any language, like Spanish, Portuguese, and German. Provided is a spreadsheet of all the translatable text I could find in the game, including single words, like “Dodgeball”, and longer sentences, like “Stolen from the bleak landscape of the shard, offers no protection, but looks really cool”. There is 119 of these entries.

Submission
Since CSVs can’t be uploaded, I will need another sheet format like a shared link. It can be done in a private message, or posted here since they will be public either way on release.

Payment
I would appreciate donations for this, but I am willing to pay. Since I don’t have PayPal, I can only offer compensation in Robux. I would recommend agreeing on a price before translating.

Languages Complete
Immites and Aesthetical Translations - Spanish
homermafia1, Neutre, and Immites - French
Deftlock - Brazilian Portuguese
Yaltyx and Velibor - Dutch (pending a few more translations)
DataIsLoading - German
Aliets - Korean
konlon15 - Swedish
TheN0rmalPlayer - Latvian
ficagames11 - Croatian
Szymonkrol - Polish

Edit for 8/8/2018:

5 Likes

Hey I’m interested to translate your game in french.

My portfolio: Offering French translation

1 Like

Hey there, I am interested in localizing your game to Brazilian Portuguese.

This is my thread: Offering Brazilian Portuguese Translation

If you are interested, you can contact me through the Developer Forum or via my Discord (lucas200206#2474).

Since you’re crowdsourcing; keep in mind that there are certain context-related words and phrases which are critical to translate correctly, and sometimes language-dependent. These specific ones might be hard to get right without using validated and experienced translators.

In the one translation you have on your sheet right now (Dutch) for example, “Press” is translated to “Klik” which in English means “Click”. It should be “Druk op” which is the actual translation of “Press” and can therefor be used for Mobile and Xbox buttons too.

3 Likes

I can translate the game in French for free. If you’re interested, message me.

I actually had someone else offer Dutch translations, and that was 1 of the 80 or so disagreements between the translations.

Update - Here is what I am still looking for specifically:

• Finalizing the Dutch translations (a few translations left)
  • Spanish
  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • German

If I don’t get any additional offers I am willing to pay for, I will go through the main translation thread and send messages.

1 Like

I can translate the game into Spanish. I can discuss payment etc through Twitter if necessary! My handle is @ImmitesROBLOX

I have moved this to public collaborations. If you are interested in doing translations and you aren’t a member, DM me on Twitter or Roblox and I will start a developer forum private message.

I should have a German Translation ready within the next hour.
I sent it over Twitter, Handle is @DataIsLoading.

Heads up: I am no longer adding translations. Roblox Battle’s low revenue per player is making it difficult for me to agree paying for more translators. I will be looking for translators again with my next 2 games.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.