Transparency in Roblox customer service tickets

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to be aware of the progress a Roblox Support ticket undergoes whilst being investigated.

Context

In my own recent experience, I have been waiting for a ticket to be investigated for three months now. During this timeframe, I have only been informed that the ticket is still open, and that the investigation is still ongoing. Other than that, just once, earlier this month, I was informed that the ticket was escalated to a team. And just earlier today the ticket was closed without any outcome or update. I can only assume it was accidental, so I reopened it with a response.

12 Real examples of responses lacking transparency.

Issue & Suggestion

The issue is that there’s something holding support back from resolving the inquiry. However, since I am not aware of what is being internally discussed, I have no idea what the holdup could be. If I was made aware, it could be possible that I could assist support by providing answers to any questions they may have in mind, resulting in less support time and a better support experience. Even if agents have no questions to ask me, just learning more about what they’re doing behind the scenes would be useful for the developer to know and the experience would feel more like a process rather than a test of patience. So, I am writing to suggest more transparency in Roblox CS tickets.

Put yourself in my shoes, how do you think I feel as a developer? I feel greatly dissatisfied, thinking: “What a horrible service, taking forever to assist me with nothing done whatsoever.”. You have to let me know what you have been doing if you want to change my mind.

Roblox customer service heavily relies on canned responses to address inquiries as a result of the high scale of inquiries Roblox receives from its enormous community on a daily basis - we see fellow community members share them time after time, and as we know the canned responses are not applicable for every case even though agents do their best to send any useful canned response most relevant to the inquiry, but for cases where they just can’t be applied, I think agents should take the time to give us more insight to the situation manually. I just need more information - updates, loud and clear.

If this issue were to be addressed, it would save both the support agent(s) and developer time, possibly impact the result of the inquiry more positively, ensuring a more satisfactory support experience.

44 Likes

They really do be seeing the report and replying with the same bot message :sob:

I have no idea whether or not they are really “Reviewing” it but it sure would help if they atleast responded back after a few weeks or a month, wouldn’t it?
The same applies for any Roblox Support that I’ve received in the past, may it be Appeals or Bug reports, I always seem to be dealt with the same way and end up with no result at my hand for months.

I hope roblox will see this request and address this issue, as it would make life alot more simpler and nice for us Roblox Developers.

8 Likes

Super bump
The community needs this

6 Likes

Absolutely. Roblox Customer Service is so bad that it is actively harmful toward the Roblox Community.

4 Likes

Update on my situation. Ironically, it has worstened since I have written this topic.

If you took a look at the above, you’ll notice I was updated weekly that my case was still open.

After publishing this topic, that minimum “transparency” (those weekly updates) has now become nothing (the weekly updates stopped). No transparency at all. Before writing this topic, my case was closed earlier that same day and no reason was provided, just silence. As I stated in my topic body, I thought that was an accidental action coming from a support agent, so I reopened my ticket the same day, (2 weeks ago), as I stated in my topic body, however I haven’t received word since then. I was worried that perhaps my ticket was unable to reopen so I submitted a new ticket a few days later during that same week. And still, no reply. Meaning, I have been expecting to receive a response - that I’m 99% sure I’ll receive, for over 2 weeks now but I have received nothing yet.

Transparency has died in my case.

My guts are telling me that somebody from CS has read this topic and decided to take action but in the wrong way, and I want you to know that I am inclined on believing you took the wrong action if you are reading this topic reply. Rather than being more transparent, you’re now being less transparent and also confusing. I’d rather receive those weekly updates informing me that my case is still open instead of complete silence. It’s obvious that my case is still open and that there is no new information to offer in regard to my case, but I don’t think the average user would have realized the case is still open - which is why your action of being completely silent would be confusing to the average user.

The paragraph above is just an inference - an assumption, that I have logically forged based on my experience. Maybe, I’m completely wrong. Maybe support is so incompetent that they decided to give up on the investigation and refuses to respond to me as they lack the reason to close my case. Or maybe, support has found me to be a liar with weak evidence that they know I’ll counter so they aren’t bothering to respond to me. I know, these sounds like wild, unlikely assumptions, but they are possibile outcomes. The fact that I am even thinking such ridiculous outcomes is all thanks to support’s bad performance.

Nonetheless, whatever happened, whatever is the reason that support became silent, I still stand by my words. If you have nothing to say, then you should at least tell me what you have done all these months and that my case is still open as you have used to do before.

1 Like

I don’t think a bot would make a typo
(Not my image)

I think they use pre-set messages which is quicker

1 Like

The truth is, nothing is being internally discussed.

3 Likes

It seems my assumption from a month ago about me thinking I’d receive a response someday was most likely false. Prejudice created from lack of transparency.

It turns out that my first ticket, closed for no reason, was unable to reopen despite the “Let us know how we did” response (the response you receive when a ticket is closed, asking for a CS agent review) stating:

If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply in the original request, not on the survey form, and we’ll be happy to help you further.

And the second ticket I created after never received a response at all. This month, I created a third ticket explaining my situation and how the first ticket closed for no reason like how I did in my second ticket.

And guess what?

This time I received a response and I’m back in the waiting game.

This is ridiculous. CS has failed to address my issue for over 5 months now and feels no shame about it. It’s so obvious they really don’t care about it judging how they’re not telling me anything about what they’ve done all these months. They’ve probably done nothing like how @KadenBloxYT said a month ago.

If you are going to make me outrageously wait months for assistance then at least have enough dignity to be transparent with me.

I’m no recruiter, human resources is not my field of study, but it’s common sense for me to come to the conclusion that I WOULD NOT hire these sort of people with little to no dedication to their job! What kind of performance is this??? Think I’m being harsh, overdramatic? NO! A CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT WAIT MONTHS FOR ASSISTANCE! PERIOD! THE OUTCOME OF TREATING CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NEGATIVE!

At the end, I said this, maybe it’ll put some sense into CS’s minds!

At this point, I don’t care about the outcome, I want to see their reaction. Really, just really.

Ultimately, ridiculous service. It’s a joke. After this ticket, I’m never bothering to contact them again.

EDIT: Typical wait trip response again.

4 Likes

Just a self-update, it’s been six months, six months ago I had written to Roblox customer support about six issues at once (most are connected to each other). The entire time, they have been the same, whatever I said in this topic before still holds today, they send the same sort of responses…no comment.

Six months is quite a lot, so I decided to attempt to take matters into my own hands by contacting the people responsible for one of the six issues, through the DevForum, and they were able to assist me and resolve the issue which came as a surprise to me as most staff members on the DevForum tell you to contact CS if it’s not a bug report. I don’t know who is responsible for the other issues so I can’t contact them unfortunately and have to continue waiting who knows however long.

It took me 3 days to resolve one of my six issues. 3 days. Now compare that to six months. Look, I don’t expect instant support as it takes time for tickets to circulate between teams, so I don’t expect CS’s support to take something like 3 days as well, I would expect it to take a few weeks at most (3-4 weeks) but six months is a lot, that’s just crazy, come on, no one deserves to wait that long. That’s not what you do to people.

The support experience needs to change. I expect more effort and time-efficient outcomes as a customer. If you can’t do that, be transparent. As I said in the topic body, I have absolutely no clue about the processes my tickets undergo behind the scenes. I don’t know if anything’s been done or not done, who has read it, what have they said about it etc.

I have notified CS that one of my six issues were addressed. I pray I have reduced the support time a bit by pulling a tiny bit of weight off their shoulders.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m in a similar boat as you were. Except, I’m being completely ghosted and it’s not the direct roblox customer support, rather it’s the DMCA/ip agents – I’ve been trying to get MY OWN assets removed to avoid future moderation.

But, I’ve just been ghosted. No response, no acknowledgement, nothing. No automated reply when I follow up. The ONLY email I’ve recieved is the initial email giving me preliminary information and saying they’ve recieved my message. It honestly sucks, as a developer working on projects, since without recieving any assurance or having my assets deleted, my account(s) of 11 years can be deleted permanently.

Something definitely needs to change on Roblox’s support side. It’s honestly the worst it’s ever been.

3 Likes