Transparent glass makes other transparent parts not render

Reproduction:
create a part, change its material to glass, and make it transparent, but not 1. make another part, make it transparent and look through the glass part. it won’t render. any other material other than glass will. Here’s an image:
Issue area: engine
issue type: rendering
Frequency: constant
Impact: high

8 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for flagging!

3 Likes

This is a known issue and an intentional limitation, unfortunately:

Because it is intentional, I think that you should instead support this feature request:

5 Likes

I mean yeah but originally it was done so that it wouldn’t have large performance issues. Since the release almost 7 years have gone by, technology has changed. So I am hoping to see this change too.

2 Likes

unfortunately, it hasn’t.

The issue occurs if the front block (the grey one in your picture) has the material set to Glass. It hasn’t been fixed yet sadly.

1 Like

It’s not just parts. Particles from particle emitters won’t show through glass either. So for right now, I think the best thing to do is to avoid using the glass material, unless you have a specific requirement that needs it.

1 Like

got trolled ig sorry dude for spreading false info