Trench Mace Texturing

Hello, I have textured a trench mace model made by my friend, it took 2-3 hours and I would like some feedback to improve, I am using a drawing tablet if that helps. (This is one of my first completed textures, I just started about 1-2 months ago.)

5 Likes

I see nothing to fault you on.

Looks like a top job.

1 Like

It looks really nice. I really want to learn texturing, but I don’t know where to start or what program to use.

Which one did you use to create this texture?

1 Like

Just blender and a pressure sensitive drawing tablet. I watched speedpaints, the ones that have commentation thru it for tips, they’re all very helpful.

I use screen blending mode for lighting, multiply for darkening/shadows, and mix for anything else in general, and smooth strokes for the wood texture.

1 Like

Ok well I’m not entirely sure what any of that is but the speed painting tutorial part will definitely help me.

I use Blender to model assets frequently, but have not experimented with texturing in it. Thanks for the start!

1 Like

Looks magnificent! One thing though, I’d say make the bottom steel part more circular rather than a square. Other than that, this looks epic.

1 Like

No problem! Watching a guide for texturing and painting for beginners also helps.