I will share some tricks to improve the performance of the game too much. You will only need very little knowledge to understand
- Do not use deprecated functions: Roblox updates some functions, makes them better, even with more improvements! In exchange for that, the previous versions of the functions become obsolete/about to be obsolete
This could cause too much stress if you worked hard on a game.
An example of a deprecated function is wait(). Instead, use task.wait()
For example, in functions like:
while wait() do print("Howwie :3") end
while task.wait(0.03) --that is equivalent to a frame. if you use task.wait, will act like runservice.runbeat print("Howwie :3") end
- Do not use CastShadow in all parts: Shadows take time to calculate, if for example you have too many parts unnecessarily with cast shadow, it can be fatal to performance. If I can later, I will make a dynamic castshadow system! :D, Roblox still does not have an efficient optimization system.
- Don’t use unions: If you do simple things it’s fine!, but too many unions can also be fatal with performance. Therefore, use meshes for more advanced things.
Also, the circles in the unions are a nightmare of 2700 triangles :(.
- Have a loading asset system: Some people will have a low connection, so when you try to play some audio, for example: JUMPSCARE, it will play with a delay, and the player will not be scared at that precise moment.
- Play with the lighting much better: What do I mean by this? You must define the style of the game very well, for example, if it is cartoony, the shadows should be a slightly purple tone. or if realistic, add vignette and other effects. and adjusting the contrast is also important.
That would be all! If you have any trick, leave it below!
Thank you very much for reading :D.