Tried GFX, Can I have some feedback on my 1st GFX? [RIGGING, GFX]

Can I have feedback on my new GFX, and if you can tell me how to add back round and improve I would be thankful.

28 Likes

To add a background, I would make the background transparent when rendering. You can improve on lighting unless if the overall graphic is supposed to be dark.

11 Likes

I don’t know how to add backround or make it transparent I’m still new its my first time, but thanks!

6 Likes

You change Alpha from Sky to Transparent to make the render transparent.

To add a background, you would need to use a photo editing program and add a layer beneath the render with the desired background.

4 Likes

As @COUNTYL1MITS suggested, add a background to it, as it would really make it look better. I would also personally suggest moving the camera down a little bit so the character is more centered in the frame.

4 Likes

lighting and camera angle is key try doing that

2 Likes

If I was you I would color the background and add some lighting,
But it looks decent. No bad.
7/10

3 Likes

I like it! The only thing I would say is that the arm on the right is slightly lower than it should be but it is a good start!

3 Likes

Considering it’s your first GFX, well done! You should however consider moving the camera to a close up shot to remove those blank spaces, and add front facing lighting to illuminate the character.

4 Likes

Nice for a first GFX!

I suggest either changing the pose because it doesn’t look natural or the camera angle because that may be the cause to the positioning of the body looking unnatural.

4 Likes

It looks okay for a first, but here are my inputs:

• The pose is a bit awkward and doesn’t look comfortable
  • The lighting is very off so it’s very dark
  • A background could be added, but not really needed as long as you make the other parts look good.
  • You could maybe add an HDRI and change the model to Eevee to make it look a bit better.
  • The avatar itself looks a bit weird as well, but this is very, very minor and doesn’t need to be changed, it just doesn’t look very appealing. The clothing isn’t matching.
  • The camera angle should be a bit lower and focusing on the character more.

Hopefully these help. I’m sure you can improve over time.

9 Likes

I started the same, with not any goal but just a gfx. Let me tell you how you can make it better :happy1:
First get an editing software (Paint.NET - Download) / (https://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop.html)
Make a good background from the editing software or get one from google and make it a background.
Add *blurs *sharp edges *sunlight effect (vector glow) and a clear goal for the gfx making all of this will result in a good gfx.
Below is an example.

:blush: Hope it helped.

55 Likes

An easy way to make a GFX with a background, I would use Photo Editor : Pixlr X - free image editing online. That website is free to use, you can find a background you’d like of your choice, make sure your rendered character has a transparant background (so the background can fit in) and you’ll have a great GFX with an easy to edit background. You can also get premade models and mix in your character in that using Blender, I find that more work on my side.

6 Likes

Here’s an example of how your GFX could work, without using premade models as a background.

16 Likes

For your feedback of your GFX, I’d have your camera facing your character than at a high angle shot. Some lighting for your character would be nice, the GFX looks dark.

Also, try to get your arm’s edge to be connected to the torso. The left-arm for instance, the vertex of the arm looks connected to the torso.

5 Likes

Looked awesome! Can you make the arms more intact?

4 Likes

Try adding more lighting and reangle the camera. Also add a background. But It’s Really good so far! Keep up that good work! :+1:

7 Likes

What about this one? My 3rd GFX

14 Likes

I like the lighting but it lacks in content.

6 Likes

Mhm, looks very cool.
Adjustments to be done: Bend all the arms all the legs and the head for the most realistic look;
Just having 1 main character means your gfx must be in a square resolution so the eyes of the viewers will be focused on the detail; The yellow lighting hits the eye resulting the change in focus from the character to the harsh light; try rendering in cycles engine.
Do that and your gfx will get better over time :happy3:

4 Likes