Tried to delete a sound that failed to load, but I'm unable to find it

I was making a game, was checking the dev console and then I found this.

I don’t know why, but for some reason I can’t find the sound id that the console keeps telling me about.

I’ve tried looking for the sound id using ‘Ctrl+Shift+F’, but it doesn’t pop up.

unable to find

If anyone knows why is this happening, please tell me!

2 Likes

Might be because of the new crappy sound/audio update by roblox after going bankrupt.

1 Like

Oh yeah, it could be that. This new audio privacy update has really slowed down my development :frowning:

Do sounds have ID numbers like decals/textures where you search in the catalog for them but the ID number is different?
Also have you tried just Searching for ‘Sound’ instead of the actual ID number to see if you can find it that way?

for _, service in ipairs(game:GetChildren()) do
	local success, result = pcall(function()
		return service:GetDescendants()
	end)

if success then
		if result then
			for _, sound in ipairs(result) do
				if sound:IsA("Sound") then
					if sound.SoundId = "rbxassetid://541907812" then
						print(sound.Name)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

Run this in studio’s command bar.

4 Likes

To anyone reading, I’ve found out why this is happening!

There is a sound in most of my tools that are supposed to be a material hit sound, but the TimeLength is 0 and I’m assuming that the ID is removed, (maybe because of the audio update) hence no sound playing.

removed sound

I’ve tried placing the same ID on another Sound object, but to no avail.

I’m going to replace the ID with another one. Thanks people in the topic for trying to help!

Thanks man, solved my problem!

Is Audio (Removed for violations of Roblox Terms of Use)

https://web.roblox.com/library/541907812

This should be marked the correct solution. While there is a needed “=” on line (if sound.SoundId = “rbxassetid://541907812” then), fixing and running this code tracks the exact name needed without having to hunt manually like OP did.

Shoutout to homie saved me a ton of time :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.