Tripling Premium Payouts

can’t you devex for premium payouts? Im just wondering

6 Likes

You were banned for a few days, and if it’s in the past few months then yes, you are most like likely ineligible for devex.

6 Likes

I appreciate it! Thank you Devrel team!

4 Likes

Really appreciate Roblox helping out developers during this time! Being the only ones that work from home regularly we haven’t been affected as negatively, but now we’re seeing our whole families not having income and we have to take up for it. Truly saving a lot of families with this measure!

7 Likes

Yes, you could devex from robux from premioum payouts.

3 Likes

Wow! This is very generous of Roblox, to the Roblox developer community! This “Premium Payouts” system has been a great idea from the start, and has been very beneficial to new, or up-and-coming developers, thanks Roblox! :building_construction:

Question: this is tripling the amount of Robux, that is coming into the revenue of Premium Payouts; or is it tripling the Premium Playtime score? :video_game:

3 Likes

This is tripling your premium revenue. Take your previous payout and multiply it by 3 to get what you will be estimated to receive

1 Like

Alright, thanks! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I do like the idea of having to earn your players time to get a bigger share of the available premium payout pool. However, now with this triple increase in premium payouts I feel that this program is alot more sustainable and hopefully even after this pandemic is done with the program will have increased profitability sometime in the future to keep it a viable source of income.

While everybody can agree increased DevEx rates would be nice, making premium payouts alot more sustainable and profitable like this might just be a good runner up.

2 Likes

Wait a minute… That doesn’t make sense? :thinking:
If what you’re saying is true then Roblox wouldn’t of had to do this anyways, assuming what you’re saying is true “DevEx is for people who are being a bit successful on the platform”, doesn’t this mean that their games is already generating enough profit to DevEx?
At the end of the day we all have to DevEx, if Doubling the amount in “dollars” is less effective than tripling the amount of robux you get through vooodooo magic then there’s something wrong here…

This is just my opinion though, we don’t really know how Roblox is financially just wanted to point out that there are other and better ways to achieve what they said they’re trying here.

1 Like

What a very thoughtful and considerate thing to do! Thanks, Roblox.

1 Like

Is really nice, Thank you very much!

1 Like

Never have I seen such an effort ad sacrifice from a company, let alone a gaming company, that cared so much for their players.

Even though I don’t currently get premium payouts, I can still feel the impact it has been done on many, many people.

3 Likes

For those of you who understand what lead to the removal of tix (inflation from botting visits), this could mean noticable robux inflation if more people with premium (like myself) play games on ROBLOX, and stay for long enough to generate robux for the place owner(s). While it’d be really expensive to buy premium for multiple bots for robux farming (and the fact that premium payouts are playtime-based instead of visit-based), this could mess up the economy if ROBLOX isn’t careful with economy updates.

Robux might be more valuable now compared to the pre-tix removal as it’s no longer possible to trade a free currency obtainable easily by anyone for Robux, but I doubt anyone wants a repeat of the tix removal.

Sidenote: I’ve noticed that most people who tend to play shovelware roleplays/tycoons/simulators/obbies usually don’t have premium, both from looking at developer stats for a game studio I’m a dev for that makes shovelware for fun and profit, and by looking around in shovelware games myself.

I don’t usually keep track of the usual premium:non-premium playerbase ratio for games with actual effort into them, but I’m hoping it’s higher so that those with the time and inspiration to make actually good games (that probably won’t get that many players anyways since the younger playerbase shift will probably lead to less people going out of their way fo find original, well-made content, preferring clickbait shovelware instead) get slightly more rewarded for their attempts at making good games that people want to play.

8 Likes

This is super encouraging. Story and experience focused games that aren’t traditionally high earners will certainly become more sustainable as a result of this.

3 Likes

idk man thats what someone would say if its an april foods joke

7 Likes

Great to see, hopefully I can make some more money doing this.

1 Like

When your game loses high concurrent players and not even tripling the payouts will help

1 Like

Thank You so much for this!
I mean I don’t have a game rolling out anytime soon since i’m still working on it but I can assume this will be very helpful for everybody else.

Prob best thing from this year since it just seemed like lot’s of prem plrs played but little revenue was gathering so this should be a big difference! Hope this is not a April fools :wink:

1 Like