Trouble setting / removing breakpoints after studio has been running for a while

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When I start a given session with Studio, breakpoints work fine. After a while I stop being able to set them by either clicking in the line number column or pressing F9, and can’t remove the ones I’ve previously set with the previous methods or using the clear breakpoints options in the Breakpoints window. Closing and re-opening studio makes the problem go away and I can set breakpoints again.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

Sometimes. I’m sorry I can’t provide a better repro case. I haven’t found any rhyme or reason to it, other than change code, set and/or remove breakpoints, play, repeat until I can no longer set or remove them.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

It is in Play; the level I’ve noticed it with is https://www.roblox.com/games/1342701212/Legend-Standard

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

I believe about a week ago? Maybe the 1/15 release?

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
1 Like

I also recently started experiencing similar issues. Setting a breakpoint will, after Studio has been running for a while at least, make Studio decide to move the breakpoint upwards with a fancy animation, not allowing me to put a breakpoint on the exact line I select.
Restarting Studio will fix that.

Also got issues where the debugger will show garbage sometimes when breaking on an exception… No clue how related that is though, but I never had this before either.

(clearly e.g. dist, nodeSrc is an empty table here – none of those locals are functions, map is also a table)

I don’t have a simple repro for either issue though.