Trouble with Placing ScreenGUIs

When I try to make a menu for my game, the menu is in a weird spot and not even close to being centered when I publish the game, even though it looked perfect in Studio. I do not want to re-publish my game every time I want to see where my GUI ended up. Is there a way to fix this problem without closing any tabs like properties, explorer, etc? :confused:

3 Likes

Its because it may not work on different screen sizes.
I would try the following

• Set the ui position to 0.5,0,0.5,0
  • Set the ui Anchor Point to 0.5,0.5

These should make sure that your gui is centered.

There is also a plugin called UIDesign Plus that can help you but that will cost robux.

Alright! I’ll see if that works.

Also, I put an example file for you if you are still struggling
always_center.rbxl (19.6 KB)

Take a look at this to properly positon ui

(@Bird_7x) Thanks for the help, but does anyone know what I can do to have the GUI placed in-game the exact same way it was placed in Studio? I’m also looking to get a corner GUI. Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.

The same thing works with image labels. Just copy and paste the position and anchor point in as I said before.

Edit: The one and studio and the one in game are the same but its not alligned for different screen sizes properly. You will notice this when you pull the tabs on the explorer, toolbox, etc.

Another edit: If you are working on a background for the main menu then don’t worry about the anchor point or position just set the size to 1,0,1,0

Another Another Edit: The drag tool when you are dragging things is bad and will not work on different screen sizes. It is better to do the calculates mathmaticly

You’re helping a lot, but what I want to know is how I can use the drag tool to place GUIs where I want them to appear in the actual game. Sorry if you don’t understand.

You can’t because when you drag the calculates only work on your screen because studio can’t automaticly do math to calculate different screen sizes and aspect ratios.

And your studio aspect ratio is different then the one in game

You can’t really. I never use the drag tool because it sometimes uses offset instead of scale, and it’s not very precise. If you want perfectly centered guis, use properties to type the numbers in. It does take longer but the results are much better.

It’s good practice to position and size with scale, not offset, because if you use scale, the UI will fit well on everyone’s screen.

And if you want to keep the aspect ratio of the UI the same as it is in studio for every screen, get AutoScale. I can automatically add a UIAspectRatioConstraint to your GuiObjects to make them perfect for every device.

1 Like

According to what @GalaxyGourmet said, I always use offset for the size of my gui. I set them using a script and clamp them to the screen height. I also compact the user interface when there isn’t much space on the screen. I do this so buttons and stuff won’t get really really small on mobile.