Trouble with scaling mesh down in Studio

I finished a model, then exported it as an FBX into studio, but I cannot scale it pass a certain point.

Any help is appreciated!

Try resizing it smaller within blender, so that you can scale it up instead of down.
(dumb fix)

Did you export the object as a .fbx or .obj file? I had scaling problems when I imported it as a .fbx, so you might need to try the other one.

Also, what method did you use to import it?

I already tried it, and unfortunately it didn’t work…

Thanks anyways

I exported it as an FBX, and used the bulk import method
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 7.25.33 PM
I know how to export as an .OBJ, but its a pain using that process, considering how many parts I have in the mesh. Plus, this isn’t first time I have used this technique of exporting a mesh into studio, and I have never run into the issue before.

It doesn’t look like that much. Will all the bumps have different colors or something?

Looks like one of the pieces in the collection of meshes has resized too small. Try grouping it, and resize it.
If that doesn’t work, you can export the model out of blender, and just adjust the “scale” value under the “Transform” category. Try something like .25 or .5 or something.

2 Likes

Theres a resize plugin that I use for scaling meshes down. I believe this is it: Model Resize Plugin 3.0 - Roblox

The plugin might work better then the resize tool.

3 Likes

Have you reset the pivot points under the model tab?
Do you know if it’s a specific mesh or all of them?

Try exporting as a obj and use the new 3d importer.
Need different mesh for every object group? Do this when exporting as an obj.
the options on the right of the export page in Blender

2 Likes

No, there are 8 parts in total, I know it’s not THAT much work, but it would be much easier if I could just export them all at once. Also, I would like to know how to fix the problem, because in the future, I may export something with 20 parts and it would take forever to import each of the parts as an .OBJ.

1 Like

Yes! I can now scale the model very small without any issues. Thank you

1 Like

@okayendo, @cobaysaurus_rex, @Vermieden_Helios, @Crazedbrick1, and @iotalua, thank you for your suggestions, if you’d like to see the finished product in-studio, here you go:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.