Truss Part Alternative

Are you annoyed of boring Truss Parts? Then you are at the right place!!

Inside of this part there is a script generating invisible parts that you can climb on!

The best is you can still edit it as a regular part with all the available properties!
You can also scale the part however you like it, but it will never lose it’s climbing effect!
(Keep Anchored true and CanCollide false!)

How does this part work? This part doesn’t contain a bunch of parts or trusses inside of it, yet! The only thing inside is a script, that starts generating parts on the inside without putting the server in danger. In the end the part is filled up with parts, but in Studio you always scale just one part!

Clever and simple, switch from trusses to the Wall you can climb on!: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/13954237140/Wall-you-can-climb-on

6 Likes

How is this better than using regular trusses? Also, this could end up creating lag if the wall is too big or if there are many walls.

1 Like

It’s a good idea, but here are my thoughts:

• How many parts are we talking in comparison?
  • A 40 stud long wall only needs 1 Part for the wall and 20 trusses side by side (& made Transparent) to acheive this affect.
  • Yes, resizing the wall means moving/resizing the Trusses, but if the game is already lagging due to an overload of parts it may be better just to use Trusses.
2 Likes

Another option could be to put an invisible truss inside of the part and turn off collisions on the part but keep the trusses collisions on

1 Like

Hey guys! I should have made it clear from the beginning on, I edited the poat with an explanation it should cover up all your questions. If anyone had an idea or suggestion you can share them with me ofc!

Incrementing counter by 2 and setting the invisible part height to 0.2 still works while using less parts. This would then result in less lag at large scales.

Yes, I know. I tried setting all aces to 2048 studs (limit of part size). If you think about it never in the world will anyone need that many parts. The game hang on for like 0.5 secs, but then it was fine again. The second time it didn’t hang on at all.
What I want to say is even if the amount of parts can be ginourmous, it doesn’t cause any lag. I really appreciate your seuggestion tho!