Trust check failed - HTTPService

It seems, every website that is NOT ROBLOX seems to work fine, however when I tried calling HttpService on a ROBLOX URL, I got an error thrown at me.

Anybody else had this issue, I’ll make an edit at some point in the next few days to demonstrate this better, but it’s pretty easy to replicate.

1 Like

They’ve blocked you from sending requests to ROBLOX, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

What would be the purpose of this? I will just bypass it with an iframe on my own site if I need to.

1 Like

What would be the purpose of this? I will just bypass it with an iframe on my own site if I need to.[/quote]
Roblox probably don’t want you to hit the secret spots with ROBLOX servers.

1 Like

What would be the purpose of this? I will just bypass it with an iframe on my own site if I need to.[/quote]
u wot m8?

It’s direct HTTP requests. iframes are handled by the browser, and you aren’t even able to get the HTML within them if they were handled directly in HTTP. If you mean a proxy, then yes, but it still allows them some throttling since it would bring down your server before it would bring down theirs.
(Psst, if you use the IP of Roblox instead of roblox.com it will let you bypass the trustcheck. Don’t tell the admins!)

2 Likes

u wot m8?

It’s direct HTTP requests. iframes are handled by the browser, and you aren’t even able to get the HTML within them if they were handled directly in HTTP. If you mean a proxy, then yes, but it still allows them some throttling since it would bring down your server before it would bring down theirs.
(Psst, if you use the IP of Roblox instead of roblox.com it will let you bypass the trustcheck. Don’t tell the admins!)[/quote]

Not familiar with web design, however that was fairly insightful. Thanks for the tip :wink:

1 Like

It’s working as designed B) . We don’t want to get DDOSed by our own servers :whistle:

7 Likes

Wouldn’t the 500-requests-a-minute thing stop that?
I thought that this was more to stop users from, say, accessing the post comment URL. Or maybe changing passwords or something.

3 Likes