Try out the new Accessory Fitting Tool!

Maybe I’ll test it out sooner or later…

Yes, I did. The main things I don’t like in the new update are: having an accessory be output as a SpecialMesh, while I gave it a MeshPart, and having the accessory preview in a window instead of in the Workspace. I believe there isn’t a way to revert those behaviours, but if I’m mistaken I’d love to hear how!

1 Like

Along with @daimond113 's issues with converting a MeshPart into a Part with a SpecialMesh… why is it you cannot use a part with a specialmesh for the Accessory Fitting Tool?

If you provide a Part, the selector will tell you it is an InvalidSelection, even though there is a SpecialMesh inside, which would have been the output anyway.

1 Like

That’s a great point, the tool should be letting you do that. I will work on getting a fix in to support this ASAP.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! Looking forwards to any and all improvements :slight_smile:

I want to start by saying I like the streamlining of the new accessory fitting tool. I’m also excited about the updates going forward. However, there appears to be a change in the auto-skinning when importing a garment. I’ve noticed it more with the classic avatars. Several of my pants that were extensively tested prior to uploading and were previously good no longer fit the avatar with the new accessory fitting tool despite appearing correct in the preview. While moving, the skinning is far worse. Here are some examples.

Hey there @Hfpin , thanks for bringing this to our attention. If you can PM me a test place I can investigate what is going on with skinning in the tool.

I sent the link. The test world also has an example pair of pants to demonstrate what I was referring to. My concern is that items that are already in the UGC shop that previously worked will be affected.

Same thing happened on a sweatshirt I made today. It was falling through the avatar and then once I created the clothing and reset Studio, the autoskin worked.

Hi, my feedback is similar to what has been mentioned above already:

It’s confusing to me that it converts a MeshPart into a Part with SpecialMesh inside - can we have the option to choose between the two? Or is there a very strong reason to always use Part with SpecialMesh for accessories?

It also took me a while to figure out how to add custom avatars to the preview window, maybe some added clarity in the tool itself would help with this.

2 Likes

Nice update!

Now all that is left is a tool grip editor.

1 Like

To add to this some-what, I have experience improper layered clothing working inside of the Accessory Fitting Tool’s viewport, but not functioning properly in-game.

The issue was a T-Shirt was not properly parented to the rig in Blender, however, the T-Shirt wrapped properly to the character for the Accessory Fitting Tool but when equipped in-game, the sleeves would not follow the arms.

I noticed this behavior approximately March 27th, 2023

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.