Trying out a new style of render!

I’ve never really experimented with this before, but I thought I’d try to make a render with a custom built scene as opposed to a HDRI and some volume. I like this more than my other renders since it feels a bit more gothic.

I rendered it in both Eevee and Cycles, as Eevee gives it a nice bloom effect and soft shadows, but cycles makes it feel a lot more crisp.

Which one do you think looks better, and what could I improve?

Cycles:

Eevee:

[cycles is a slightly lower resolution since going much higher would take far too long to render]

1 Like

Cycles is better since Eevee is more focused on quantity than quality.

If you’re an animator that uses Blender, Eevee is the right choice.

But for GFX artists like myself, Cycles is better.

1 Like

Hah, I’m going to have to wait until I get a pc with a decent graphics card!
I do agree, however. Reflections and metallic surfaces look much better when done in cycles.

1 Like

Cycles is more realistic than Eevee, mainly because it is physically based path tracing rather than rasterization like eevee. That is why I prefer cycles for my final renders, and only use Eevee for previews. However, if realism isn’t what you are going for, Eevee works just fine too, and in some cases it can look better for heavily stylized art.

1 Like

i like cycles more because of its shadows also person’s hat is like tipped sorta

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the clipping as I was rendering.
I didn’t move the accessories, just left them as they were inside of Roblox Studio.