Trying to animate a weapon?

[Sorry if I’m in the wrong sub, I don’t know which sub to post this to!]

Currently I’m trying to animate a weapon, there are different parts in the weapon and I wish to animate them (Such as reloading animation where the mag will be pulled out), I have already read this article which is regarding on this question, however it’s not working as intended, you can check it out here:

I have go on few tutorials through the internet and I tried to utilize the Custom Character Creator Plugin to create the Motor6D instead of manually creating it, firstly I select the dummy’s right arm and bind it with the handle of the weapon, the I bind the weapon’s handle and the part that I wish to animate separately.
And it shows up in the animation editor as intended:
However, why I can not move/rotate it? I can move the weapon but not the specific part (Pumping part)

1 Like

I’ve seen your post and, your shotgun (the entire model) is into the dummy or the Pump? You can try to add your shotgun into a Tool and then put it in the Dummy.

This post can go in #development-support:art-design-support

The weapon’s parent is Dummy, the pump’s parent is the weapon

2 Likes

The cause of your issue might be because of the RightGrip weld that appears in the Right Arm or RightHand of any character that you put a default tool value into.
To get rid of this, you can probably either use a custom toolset or remove the RightGrip weld.

1 Like

I have eventually solved this problem, you can check it out here:

But here’s another problem I kinda need help with:

1 Like