Trying to blacklist a game pass tool from a user how would I?

Hi, I am trying to make a script to remove certain tools from certain users because they abused the tools. I have a script that if they own a certain game pass they get the tool. But users are abusing some of the tools, how would I make a script so that it will remove that certain tool if they are a certain player?

Maybe don’t sell that game pass in the first place? You are going to have to deal with much more users abusing it in the future. If you take away the perks someone paid for with Robux it can be seen as scamming. Maybe don’t sell that and for those who already bought it, just give them alternative perks for having it.

1 Like

The user is playing bypassed music I think that warrants taking it away and it would not be scamming as the description says we reserve the right to take away your tool at any time for abusing it. I asked for help about making a script not feedback on how I should run my game. Please stick to the topic.

You are putting a bandaid over the problem though. Why not cut the problem by its root. I am just providing a better solution which is 100% on-topic.

Because some users actually follow the rules and we make actual profit off of the game pass.

Offer other benefits for having the game pass if you don’t want to be reported for scamming.

local MarketplaceService = game:GetService("MarketplaceService")
--ahh too many edits!
if MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(Player.UserId, gamepassID) then
if player.UserId == BannedUserID then return end -- Basically, if the player's userid matches banneduserid then the rest of the gamepass code wont run
--Gamepass code here -->

end

Also, I don’t recommend blocking someone from getting the benefits of the gamepass after they’ve bought it. It’s like scamming the person, unless you’re doing it for other reasons?

1 Like

Instead of blacklisting people that have bought a gamepass, you should instead be changing the gamepass’s functionality itself so the undesired behavior is not possible in the game.

There’s a few ways you can get around this:

• Don’t allow players to play 3rd party audio
  • Implement a moderation system/reporting system for your game, and ban players that are playing bypassed audio.

Taking away someone’s gamepass perms is not scaleable, and furthermore it can be seen as scamming because they did purchase your game product with money/robux.

4 Likes