Trying to decide what game I should start out with

Hello ROBLOX Dev forum! So I am pretty familiar with Lua script. I have learned most of the basics and I’m learning more and more. Though one thing that I want to start doing is actually getting a game off the ground. Now keep in mind that I am still learning so as I develop my game, I will be learning more and more about Lua, and it will probably be a long time before I can actually create these games. Anyways, here are my ideas:

Strive to survive:
A round-based game where a bunch of mini-games are selected at the beginning of a round, and the goal is simple; Survive until the end. Each mini game would be related to surviving. (survival games, zombies, Etc.) at the end of the round, all players that are still alive win.

Spleefer:
A game where your trying to break the floor underneath other players. Simple, right? Yes, except for the fact that every minute, a random thing happens within the game. (Example: someone get an incredible speed boost for the rest of the game). The last player standing wins.

Decisions of peril: a party game where the goal is somewhat simple, make tough Decisions that could effect someone, or something in someway (example: eliminating a player, making it where no player can move, Etc.), while trying to not fall into the lava that is slowing rising up towards your party. Did I forget to mentions that everyone is stuck 3 different plates? The last player standing wins.

Super ROBLOX Party: a game that is basically horrific housing and murder mystery with some new elements and is party themed.

Blink murder: a game where everyone sits around a table and try’s to figure out who the murderer is. The game is played like this: everyone looks at each other until the following happens; A, someone is killed, in which a meeting will then start, or B, someone uses their call meeting button, which each player can only do once per game, in both cases, a meeting starts. During a meeting, players discuss their suspicions and who they think is the murderer. Then, each player votes one person that they think is the murderer. If there is a tie, or majority votes skip, no one is voted off. But one player has majority of votes, they are voted out. The game repeats this until either the murderer is voted out, or the murder kills everyone. One more thing, during the time, the looking phase, where everyone is looking each other, this is the murderer’s chance to kill someone. When the murder wants to kill someone, they have to wink at them.

And those are my game ideas. Share what game idea I should start working on in the replies, and thank you for reading this topic!

4 Likes

super roblox party sounds fun!

2 Likes

you are talented that’s awesome, you can start with Tycoon, FPS GAME, Simulator, Horror, That’s my ideas

1 Like

Honestly go with whatever you want, I suggest trying to make a really basic game, and have your friends give opinions on it. Make sure you’re getting honest opinions, because that could help you a lot with making sure the game is enjoyable as possible.

When you have your opinions and feel confident that the game could take off and gain players, you should start expanding the idea, adding more and more content in the process. When finished, have as many friends as possible play the game so they can get a feel of the final (beta) product.

Sometimes games just take off just because people keep joining each other because of an appealing name / logo, but sometimes you would needs ads to get people their attention, most of the time the second one is the one you’re going to encounter. If you haven’t built up any savings for ads I suggest looking for an investor.

If I have to pick between all the ideas you stated here, I think you should go with the Party game, I haven’t seen any games where your decision decides the fate of another player, it’s a cool concept and if done correctly could get a lot of attention.

I hope you succeed and make a banger of a game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback so far! As of right now, I have over 20 ideas for games. Of course, most of them are quite complicated and I won’t start on those ones until I’m an experienced scripter. Also, I think I’m gonna go with either blink murder or spleefer since those are the simplest of my simple ideas

1 Like

You should make this one first!

1 Like