Trying to make a Overhead Gui

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. I want to make a Overhead Gui. Keep it simple and clear!

2. This, I can’t explain it in words, only in screenshots. Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    image image

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Tried positioning it again, nothing worked, I tried looking for solutions and I couldn’t find anything.
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you! I don’t really have any more details, I’m just trying to make an overhead GUI that doesn’t get cut off.

1 Like

Have you tried watching YouTube videos of how to make a overhead UI and watch how they scaled it?

Is that tool icon an emoji/emoticon or image?

Does just the image get cut off or the whole word?

Its an emoji, and I’m just trying to get it to work.

The image, but positioning it further will make the text go off the screen.

The youtube videos I watched never had any thing to do with two text labels.

1 Like

Maybe you can try to make the text smaller and use offset instead of scale for size (or a little bit of both).

Already tried using offset, It didn’t work, also making the text smaller, not text scaled does this. image the issue is still there.

Can you copy-paste the emoji so I can try to manipulate it in studio?

Edit: I found it :hammer_and_wrench:

1 Like

First, turn ClipDescendants off (it’s a property of BillboardGUI). When this is turned on it makes it where things that are outside the boundary don’t show.

1 Like

Um, it is off. image

I think I found out what happened. You don’t need to turn ClipDescendants off, but that seemed to work for me.
Okay, so what you need to do is make the position of the textlabel to 0,0,0,0. If you want it above the part, then you need to go to the properties of the BillboardGui and change StudsOffset to whatever you want. I changed it to (0,2,0), but you can change it.

… Umm, I’ve already done that, but putting the second textlabel puts it right in front of the first text label, and i want this above, the only thing I can do to put the second textlabel above, is to make the position -3, but I don’t know if thats the only way to make a textlabel above another text label.

The billboardgui has a size to it. Is it big enough to fit both text labels?

I don’t know… Probably not, is there a way to change that?

Yeah, there’s a size property inside of billboardgui that you can change like many other ui’s. For the textlabels inside the billgui, you could use scale instead of offset if u want.

Ok, I’ll try that out, if it works, I’ll mark you as the solution.

1 Like

Ok, that wasn’t the solution but I did figure it out, image turning this off worked. Thank you so much for all of the help :slight_smile: :heart: Which you did recommend, so your comment that told me to do that, is now marked as the solution.

2 Likes

One more thing, for sizing the ui, I would recommend using scale instead of offset. It of course depends on what look you’re going for. Here is a vid of a billgui with using only scale for size and position (I used scale for the bill and textlabels)

robloxapp-20200708-1718556.wmv (2.1 MB)

Also, for the billgui and not what’s inside it, I think the scale is in studs.

I am using scale, I just tried offset to fix it, but removed it afterward.