Trying to Make Character Body Part Positioning

I am currently trying to make a system in which a User carries a box just as any human would carry a large package: with two hands.

I animated this rig in animation editor, and I would like the arms to be positioned exactly that way. However, I am unaware of the best way to accomplish this. I’ve made a script that vaguely emulates what I want, but it’s definitely not perfect. It uses welds to position every part of the arm relative to the other parts. This example only demonstrates my script for one hand, but I want both hands to be positioned differently.

This is my current script:

local offset = plr.Character.UpperTorso.CFrame:Inverse() * plr.Character.LeftUpperArm.CFrame
local offset1 = plr.Character.LeftUpperArm.CFrame:Inverse() * plr.Character.LeftLowerArm.CFrame
local offset2 = plr.Character.LeftLowerArm.CFrame:Inverse() * plr.Character.LeftHand.CFrame

local weld = Instance.new("Weld", plr.Character.LeftUpperArm)
weld.Part0 = plr.Character.UpperTorso
weld.Part1 = plr.Character.LeftUpperArm
weld.C0 = offset*CFrame.new(0,0,-0.5)*CFrame.Angles(math.pi/2,0,math.pi/30)

local weld = Instance.new("Weld", plr.Character.LeftUpperArm)
weld.Part0 = plr.Character.LeftUpperArm
weld.Part1 = plr.Character.LeftLowerArm
weld.C0 = offset1

local weld = Instance.new("Weld", plr.Character.LeftLowerArm)
weld.Part0 = plr.Character.LeftLowerArm
weld.Part1 = plr.Character.LeftHand
weld.C0 = offset2

I also tried to animate the player’s arms up and then freeze them there at the end of the animation, but I have been unsuccessful. As this arm positioning will be at the end of an animation, this solution would have been ideal, but obviously it doesn’t work.

P.S. I used welds instead of joints because I want the arms to stay in place as the player moves.

1 Like

Have you tried setting the animation’s type to Action?

1 Like

How would I go about doing that?

It’s hard to explain, did you use the official Roblox animation plugin?

1 Like

I’ll list images that are like steps

1. image
  2. image
  3. yeah
    It’s hard to explain, but when it is set as ‘Action’ it lets you move all of your body parts. That’s how this gear from an old event works: image
2 Likes