Trying to make low poly windows, Neon material is being a bit too "flashy"

Hi, it’s potato, again. (I’m just posting constantly lol) Anyways this time I’m trying to make a low poly type house and I’m currently working on the windows, but the neon material is a bit bright and covering up it’s frame. Just see for yourself.

Does anyone have some advice, like what you would do for low poly windows? Any feedback would be apreciated.

3 Likes

I normally just use smooth plastic with a bit of reflectance.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll take that into consideration, thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

You’re not limited to the brick color palette, bricks have a fully unlocked Color3 property. Neon’s glow intensity is controlled by the color’s brightness. Try playing around with it until you find a color that looks nice.

RobloxStudioBeta_2019-08-02_19-40-32 163, 160, 123
RobloxStudioBeta_2019-08-02_19-40-37 253, 234, 141

2 Likes

Oh that sounds really useful, thanks!

Does this still look to bright or do you guys think it’s good?

1 Like

You can also make the transparency 0.05 or 0.1 to make it less bright

Besides changing the color’s brightness, you can also mess with the transparency of the neon

1 Like

Personally what I would do is use the Neon Material but put another part in front of it and change it to a Glass Material.

Then you could easily adjust the “flash” of the neon material by changing the transparency of the glass.

Example:

3 Likes

Ok thanks for all your feedback everyone! I plan to post once I finish this building, you guys have helped alot!

1 Like

Also wow it’s Nosniy :open_mouth:

you could change the transparency, i made a post not to long ago of how to control neon, you can find it here!

What I normally do is turn the transparency to around 0.4 - 0.55. It makes the neon a lot less bright.