Trying to Remove the Default Outline of a Part- Any Ideas on How to Do That?

Does anyone know if there’s a way to turn off/change how the default outline of a part looks? I’m not talking about the outlined texture I added, so if you’re confused look at the next up close picture.

Close up shown below (the dashed line aka default outline of a part is what I am trying to remove or change the look of)

1 Like

This is an artifact of rendering and not an intentional outline. It can’t be removed in the way you’re thinking. The classic way to remove these is anti-aliasing. I don’t remember if there is an option for this, but it would be a post processing effect.

1 Like

I knew it had to do with rendering, but I didn’t realize there wasn’t a default outline for the blocks. Is there anywhere I can learn more about anti-aliasing? I can’t seem to find anything about it specifically for roblox. Or is this issue just happening for me because of my graphics settings or whatnot?

1 Like

Aliasing between edges like this will always happen because of shape interpolation. When a triangle is rendered, only its corners position’s on screen are calculated, the pixel coordinates of all points in between are calculated via linear interpolation. Because there are a finite number of pixels, it is usually not possible to draw two lines next to each other that perfectly fill in the space leaving no gap, although it is possible sometimes, for example if the two lines are exactly horizontal or vertical on screen.

Anti-aliasing tries to hide these by blending the area between sharp edges. So yes, it is solved by a graphics setting. However, in Roblox’s case its not super obvious whether you can force it to be on. I found this other thread on the subject: Antialiasing - Do We Support It?

1 Like

As azqjanna said, this is just a rendering artifact, not much can be done about it other then setting your graphics level to 9 or more, which enables antialiasing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.