TTP Weather Systems. Fully Fixed!

Some Time ago, @TwentyTwoPilots worked on and released quite the realistic and detailed In-game Weather System Plugin! However, it has been 4 years since the official plugin was updated and due to that, it has fallen into quite the disrepair sadly. Now, I am aware that there are a ton of fixed versions of his plugin going around however, none of them seem to fully address all current issues with the plugin. That is why I am proud to introduce the Fully Fixed Version of the Weather Systems Plugin!

On Top of Everything Mentioned in the original announcement for the plugin’s reveal, I went ahead and fixed what is listed below.

• Plugin now uses the RbxGui Module were LoadLibrary was Previously Needed. LoadLibrary has been sunsetted.

• Fixed Lighting Strikes. Lighting as well as corresponding Sounds work again.

• You can Now easily add admins as originally intended via the Admins GUI.

-Changing the Weather and Time in Game Actually Works again now!

That is all I can think of off the top of my head. The Plugin works great once again.
I plan on releasing a Improved Version Soon that Includes better Cloud Models as well as more weather options, customizability and a refreshed GUI. Enjoy!

Please Note that the Fully Fixed version of the plugin is Mainly Targeted to those who had struggled finding fixes for the Plugin. If you knew how to fully fix it already, that’s great to know!

Afraid of Downloading Plugins that have viruses? Consult this post to learn other ways to access Plugins!

P.s, my apologies for any mistakes. It is late in the night as i type this and I need a coffee lol.

13 Likes

A few bugs,

• The admin hotkey doesnt work for me
  • After uninstalling, the TTPPluginAdmins folder in Server Storage remains undeleted
  • There is a lag between weather dilutions

Other than these, its good enough

1 Like

Sounds Good, I believe TwentyTwoPilots Intended the Admins Folder to remain if the user ever wanted to once again install the plugin and keep their saved admins, however, yes, I can see that being annoying amd will take it into consideration for the next update to the plugin were I adress your issues.

How exactly? Is it with opening the Admin Panel or Setting the Hotkey? I will definetly take a look as it worked perfectly fine for me yesterday over a dozen of tests. Did you add in the Weather Admins, from what I remember, I think you need to add a weather Admin Via the Climate Settings I think

I suppose you mean weather transitions too! I just want to know, does it happen every time a weather condition changes? Or does it only happen with certain weather conditions? I have watched the system transition from different weather conditions many times
with ease. Do you think it might be your PC Specs? Quite Strange and I will definitely try recreating the bug on different devices.

Thank you so much for the feedback. This all helps in truly restoring the plugin to its original functional state in 2016.

1 Like

Nopesy, the hotkey doesnt respond towards opening the panel, I didnt get any warnings or anything in the console tho.

I am pretty sure I did, but I will re-check it again :smiley:

Yessir its the transitions, and no it doesnt happen every time and I observed it before and after strong thunderstorm weather.
My laptop runs with 8GB ram and i5 8th gen with GEFORCE, nothing to worry about in quality as I have tested many scenarios in different games.

The matter of curiosity is the same doesnt happen on mobile devices. Yet to check on my desktop but I think with that, the plugin would be a great recreation after 2015-16

Your welcome! Thanks for this amazing plugin, will be using it for sure :))

1 Like

Yeah the admin gui is not showing up in the playerguis even after adding my name to the list.

1 Like

Alrighty, Fixing all the Issues Reported this Upcoming Sunday! I am currently out of Town but will be back on Sunday.

1 Like

Okie dokie, cant wait to check it out! :smiley:

2 Likes

I apologize for reviving and late reply, But i found a new glitch where even if cancollide is off/disabled, it will still rain or snow through the part. I recommend editing the script so If cancollide is enabled, it wont rain through the part

Its part of the particle effects for the weather. Its not a glitch. I am working on a better version of the plugin that has more realistic weather and no collisions.

Hey, I have a few questions:

Is there a way to make this plugin not remove the fog that’s already set in a game?

Also, can you implement this rain: Rain Module + Plugin the way it was done in this other fix: Weather System - FIXED! - Roblox so it doesn’t go through roofs?

Finally, can you fix/add a way to lengthen the days? Or a way to let us use our own day-length script without this plugin interrupting it?

Thanks

1 Like

ive been working on a modernized version of the plugin that adds new features and modern clouds. seems parker ripped a few of my fixes lately?

Any plans to add an option to remove the daylight cycle while also keeping the weather working? I’d like to use it in a map but it has a static daylight cycle, so it would be nice if everything worked besides the time.

1 Like

already is an option in the settings to lock the time to your desired time however, you will have to logically choose a month along with the fact you will loose the ability to view the forecast in game, kinda restrictive but il make sure to change it in the improved version found here

Doesn’t work anymore. Rip.