Turning character causes blend/speedup on custom animation

Hi! I’ve started working on a new project as a co-developer with my good friend called CapyQuest, basically a open-world-ish platforming find-athon, but your finding Capybaras. I’ve been tackling some of the ‘basic’ stuff (i.e. movesets, animations, data handling, etc) first and I’ve run into my first roadblock that stumps me.

We have a custom running animation (as we intend on replacing all default animations with something custom eventually), and I’m simply forking from the ROBLOX Animate script that comes pre-applied to every StarterCharacter to change the IDs. While the running animation itself is working, I’m noticing that there’s weird behavior where when you start turning your character left and right (it matters not if your using the arrow keys, or right click + drag, controller, etc), it seems as though my character’s default run animation is trying to blend in and thus makes this weird speed-up blend.

I’ve scrolled up and down the Animate script, looking for anything that has to do with blending the running animation and turning, and even replaced the ids in both the script and the instances that hold the IDs.

Is there something I am missing? Keeping in mind, the custom run animation itself is based off the default Rthro run, so the priority should be set straight. I also have the game setting disabled to where you are not using your avatar’s animation packs.

1 Like

Seems like the “walk” animations are showing up, these animations play usually when a player is on mobile or on console and are slightly moving the joystick up. You might have to disable these in the forked roblox animate script.

Edit: yes taking a look at my default animate script there is a run and walk animation, you want to disable the walk ones.