Tweening everyones camera

basically, i have a round system (server script) and once the map is picked, or the game starts, a cutscene should play, but i dont know how i should set every players camera to the part once the game starts, im guessing its the use of remote events? im not experienced with using them what-so-ever

dont steal my code >:(

Remote events would be the easiest because all cameras are local, you can even FireAllClients() and you don’t even need to do a loop or anything. You said you weren’t experienced with them, but this is a great place to learn. You can have a local script listening for that event and when it’s fired with FireAllClients() from the server start the tween and everyone’s camera will be relatively in sync (of course lag and ping will affect server-client communication and vice versa).

4 Likes

You could put everyone’s camera in the table then use a for loop.

2 Likes

You can’t get everyone’s camera because they only exist on the one client and can’t replicate.

3 Likes

u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶s̶
i changed the server script a little:

so thats the listening for it, then i should fire from the local script?
and now on the local script i have no idea what to do:
(literally the local script, in StarterCharacterScripts

Welp, I tried. I have no clue how the camera works, but I assumed that they were just part of the Workspace, so I went with how I deal with parts. Guess I messed it up haha.

This is something that’d you need to send from the server to the client and not vice versa. If you’re sending it from the client, it can easily be intercepted by exploiters and they could break your game. I can assist you with using a remote event if you want. Also camera manipulation has to be done on the client.

1 Like

ah, so local script:

so in the local script i play the tween? (i would have to remake it then, correct?) JUST REALIZED I FORGOT THE ACTUAL CAMERA PART

i think i did it? im getting the error ActivateCameraController did not select a module. even with my excessive use of wait() local script:

Try setting camera type to custom instead of scriptable (just a guess because of "ActivateCameraController did not select a module" warning in "CameraModule.lua" - #10 by StarbyDev), tell me if you still see the warning. The waits shouldn’t be necessary, also I’m not seeing where you defined your tween, unless you just removed that

1 Like

i did remove it, and the error is gone but, the camera should be scriptable or else it turns out like this:

here is the tween if it matters:

Trying to find a solution to this warning, the thread I posted earlier has people saying the issue has persisted for many months, seems like it still wasn’t fixed.

1 Like

Alright, so I’m not getting the warning and the only thing I did different in my script was set the subject before the camera type. Let me know if that fixes the issue for you!

tried that and this happened:

the camera doesnt follow with the part, and its the player doesnt teleport to the game (or the spawn) anymore once the game starts (that has actually been happening since post 9)
and the warning appears right after the cutscene ends, but that warning doesnt break the camera

Consider tweening the camera’s CFrame between 2 parts instead of moving the part. This is what I did:

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
camera.CameraSubject = workspace.StartPos
camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
camera.CFrame = workspace.StartPos.CFrame
wait(2)
TweenService:Create(workspace.CurrentCamera, TweenInfo.new(5), {CFrame = workspace.EndPos.CFrame}):Play()

Of course, mine was just for testing purposes. Gave me this result:
EDIT: Realized the gif doesn’t load because it’s too big, anyways here’s a compressed one:
ezgif-6-09f921d5a97c

Doing this, the orientation of the end part is also used because of how CFrames work.

1 Like

only 2 problems, (the gif loaded before, for some reason 5 mins after you posted it turned into a file lol) the camera starts in an awkward position:

when it should start: (part to the left orientated as the camera)
local script:

Make sure the front face of the part is facing where you want the camera to be looking. I think roblox removed the functionality to see the face, for whatever reason, I use a plugin called Face Selector

As you can see, from the previous gif, it’s pointing in the direction of the front face. Try this to fix your camera start place issue:

BargNMartCameraEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function()
	CurrentCamera.CameraSubject = BargNMartCam1
	CurrentCamera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
	CurrentCamera.CFrame = BargNMartCam1.CFrame
	wait()
	BargNMartTween:Play()
	BargNMartTween.Completed:Connect(function()
		CurrentCamera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Custom
		CurrentCamera.CameraSubject = Character.Humanoid
	end)
end)

This will also fix your other warning. As for the teleporting, are you sure the function being called (also change pairs to ipairs, which is what you use for list/array iteration)?

1 Like

it was being called, before it worked perfectly, now it wont work since post 9, here is the full module:

Can you just try this, run it, and then show me your console?

local playerModule = {}

local roundInfo = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").RoundInfo

function playerModule.teleportPlayer(playerName, teleportLocation)
	print("Teleport player executued - Teleporting ".. playerName)
	local gamePlayer = game.Players:FindFirstChild(playerName)
	print(gamePlayer)
	print(teleportLocation)
	if gamePlayer then
		local character = gamePlayer.Character or gamePlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()
		character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = teleportLocation.CFrame
	end
end

function playerModule.teleportAllPlayers(teleportLocation)
	print("Teleport all players executed")
	for index, player in ipairs(roundInfo.Players:GetChildren()) do
		print("Teleport all players - Teleporting ".. player.Name)
		playerModule.teleportPlayer(player.Name, teleportLocation)
	end
end

function playerModule.respawnAllPlayers()
	for index, player in ipairs(roundInfo.Players:GetChildren()) do
		local gamePlayer = game.Players:FindFirstChild(player.Name)
		if gamePlayer then
			gamePlayer:LoadCharacter()
		end
	end
end

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local marker = Instance.new("StringValue", roundInfo.Players)
	marker.Name = player.Name
end)

return playerModule

Afterwards when we find the issue you can remove the prints, I just don’t know a lot about your scripts, so this is an ok way to see if everything is executing, and if it isn’t where it stops.

1 Like

Teleport all players executed prints, everything else doesnt, as its not used, i think its right here print("Teleport all players - Teleporting ".. player.Name)