Tweening Part Size

How do I tween the size of a part. Is it as simple as something like Part:TweenSize = Udmi2.new(…) or is it a lot more complex?

5 Likes

It’s not too complicated, this video is very good for helping you understand:

4 Likes

i like to it like this, because I despise the TweenSize function

local Info = TweenInfo.new
(
        10-- the speed of the tween
       ,Enum.EasingStyle.Cubic,Enum.EasingDirection.Out,0,false,0-- tween style
)

local Goals = {Size=Vector3.new(50,50,50)}-- the size to tween to
	local tween = game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(PartToTween,Info,Goals)
	tween:Play()
4 Likes

You can use TweenService, read about it on hub this so useful thing you can do anything with it smoothly

I see! But there isn’t a easier way? I now with stuff like guis you can just say gui:TweenSize(…) Why didn’t they make that with parts too?

1 Like

Yes they did do it with parts (i’m not sure), but with this method you can do more things at the same time

local Goals = {Size=Vector3.new(50,50,50),Transparency = 1}-- the size to tween to, the transparency to change to
1 Like

Honestly ik what you mean but I just want a ez tween size lol. Ill figure out the other one once I need it :smiley:

Wait so I’d just put local Goals = {Part.Size=Vector3.new(50,50,50)} and this would just change the size…

Here’s a quick run down on the tween service.

In order to create a tween you must first import the TweenService into your script by doing

local tweenService = game:GetService("TweenService").

Once you’ve imported it, you can then begin creating your tween. Tweens need a TweenInfo to be able to work, so let’s make one!

A TweenInfo is a constructor with properties that your tween will obey. You create a tween info like this:

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(time, easing style, easing direction, repeat count, reverses, delay time)

The time is the time your tween will take to complete.

The easing style is an enumerated value (Enum) that dictates how the tween will behave. In order to insert it you must pick an easing style and access it by doing Enum.EasingStyle.Style. A list of styles can be found here.
The easing direction is the direction in which the part will perform the easing style in. There are two easing directions: in and out. In your tween info, you must write it as Enum.EasingDirection.Out or Enum.EasingDirection.In.

The reverses is a boolean that dictates whether or not the tween reverses once completed.

The repeat count is how many times your tween will repeat, and the delay time is the amount of time that elapses before the tween starts (essentially putting a wait() before the tween).

Here’s an example of a tween info:

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, 1, false, 0)

Now we must set a goal. You can do this by creating a simple table:

local goal = {}

Now that we have our local set up, input your desired part size.

goal.Size = Vector3.new(sizeX, sizeY, sizeZ)

Now that we have our TweenService and our TweenInfo, it’s finally time to tween the part. Here’s how you do that:

local tween = TweenService:Create(part, tweenInfo, goal)

Finally, we must play the tween by doing tween:Play()

Your final code should look something like this:

local tweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")
local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, 1, false, 0)
local part = game.Workspace.Part
local goal = {Size = Vector3.new(sizeX, sizeY, sizeZ)}
local tween = tweenService:Create(part, tweenInfo, goal)

Hope this helps.

33 Likes

Woah. I gave it a solution no thought bout it.

1 Like

Haha, thanks! Let me know if you have any more questions. Here’s the page on the TweenService in case you need it:

1 Like

With tweening direction. Does this mean like making it bigger or smaller. Or is this just to find the part you are going to tween?

Did you mean easing direction?

1 Like

Yeah that! :smiley: WordsFor30CharRule

Oh, I see. The easing direction is the direction that your easing style will play into. Here’s the page for easing directions. It contains a GIF example that I highly recommend looking at to truly understand:

Edit: It appears I was mistaken in my initial reply: There are THREE easing directions. In, Out, and InOut

1 Like

Ohh I see! So its like the style of the easing style. Ish.

In a sense, it’s more like the direction that the easing style is going. Imagine you have a finish line, and a racecar is approaching it. If the easing style were “in”, the car would accelerate the closer it got to the finish line. If the easing style were “out”, the car would decelerate the closer it got to the finish line. If it were “inout”, the car would accelerate when approaching but decelerate before finishing.

1 Like

Dang. That helps so much. You should become a teacher XD

Haha thanks! I’ll consider it, but I’ll stick to the forums for now lol. Let me know if you have any more questions

1 Like
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	wait(5)
	while true do
		wait(0.001)
		if player:WaitForChild("leaderstats"):WaitForChild("Time").Value > player:WaitForChild("leaderstats"):WaitForChild("TopTime").Value then

player.leaderstats.TopTime.Value = player.leaderstats.Time.Value
			local Stick = player.Character:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart"):FindFirstChild("Stick")

if Stick.Size == Vector3.new(0.538, 7, 3.231) then

local part = Stick
				local goal = {Size = Vector3.new(0.705, 9.167, 4.231)}

end

if Stick.Size == Vector3.new(0.705, 9.167, 4.231) then

local part = Stick
			local goal = {Size = Vector3.new(0.538, 7, 3.231)}

end
		end
	end
end)
``` So basically I'm trying to make a cool effect play whenever someone breaks their top time but the issue is. Isn't playing nor erroring.. Could you maybe help..