Twitter Code Plugin [Beta]

This plugin is deprecated and will not be updated.

Introduction

I released a simple Plugin that allows you to easily create Twitter Codes with a click of a button, all the codes code is run in a module script. All you do is press the Insert Module button once you first launch the plugin. Then you insert the code name, after you do that you press submit and a script will open for you to insert your code.

Get the plugin here

Documentation:

Twitter:CheckCode(STRING code, BOOLEAN lower, OBJ player)

code - The code that you want to be checked!
lower - If the code is case sensitive, true not being case sensitive while false is case sensitive
player - The player Object in the Game Service Players, this is to get the data for the code to that player.

This returns true or false
true - The code was successfully run
false - the code was used or doesn’t exist

Get the plugin here

Features:

• Simlistic UI
  • Custom code code
  • Saving Code Usage
  • Delete Codes through UI

Images

this is what you will see if you do not have the modules installed!

once installed you will view this, you can simply add codes or view all current codes and documentations

The plugin generates a script that will allow you to create your custom code for your code! The script automatically opens

this is what it looks like to view all codes! You can open the script through edit or delete the code entirely.

Change Log
  • Now is compatible with dark mode!
  • Added ability to edit a code from the UI
  • Added ability to delete Codes via UI
  • Released Plugin
  • Created Documentation
  • Created Widget
  • Created UI
  • Created Module
  • Code List’s scrolling frame now changes the canvas size according to the amount of codes in the list.
53 Likes

Excited to check this out! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Beta has released! I have added the ability to view and delete all current codes via the UI

BUG: I encountered a bug with this, however I have a solution to the bug and a release will be out soon. I will update you here on the status!

FIX: I have fixed the bug. The issue was that codes were replicating more in the UI then there were available.

BUG: Found a bug where one screen does not close apon a reload.

FIX: I fixed this error, an update has been pushed and all bugs should hopefully be resolved.

1 Like

Could you add some images of this plugin to your post? it would be nice to be able to view what it looks like without having to install it

4 Likes

Sure! I will get that ready!

2 Likes

Alright! I added the images it will be under the Hidden tab Images!

2 Likes

DARK MODE

Twitter codes now supports Dark Mode! That is just one more reason to use Twitter Codes, I understand what it feels like to get that painful bright screen while developing at night, now Twitter Code Plugin is one less thing to worry about!

3 Likes

Can you add the Abillity to Set it so we can limit the number of players who redeem this code and set it so itll return used code or doesnt exist if its used or doesnt exist. Thanks for making this Great plugin!

1 Like

If I’m correct, this requires you to shutdown all running servers for new codes to work?

I would recommend either incorporating a datastore system into your plugin, or using something similar to a restful API.

2 Likes

Great stuff! However, I feel like it is lacking a few key features such as:

• Codes that automatically expire after a certain period of time
  • Limited uses of a code (once 5000 players redeem it its done)
  • Codes that can be reused every so often
  • Codes that can be reused only a certain number of times (different than #2 as that would be global, this would be per player)
  • Ability to generate random codes
  • Mixing and matching these settings

I think adding these features would greatly improve the flexibility of the system.
(You may already have planned to add some or all of these features in the future)

6 Likes

I agree with @Rocky28447 his idea is great, also maybe allow for external modules like require(id) so we can push codes there so that in the actual game the codes automatically update without server restarts or do what @xuefei123 said and incorporate a datastore system.

1 Like

I will incorporate this into an update thanks for the feedback!

These are some great features. I definitely have some of these planned but I love the feedback and will be sure to look into a way to incorporating these.

If you could please elaborate on the require() functions and using it to save without a shutdown that be greatly appreciated!

Update: I will be restarting most of the backend code over to implement a fully Datastore compatable code system.

Thanks for this, been needing one for some time

1 Like

No problem, if you have any concerns, feedback, or ideas just DM me or reply!

This is pretty neat, nicely done!

I want to know what you want done fist

• Datastore Codes
  • Random Code Generations
  • Code Limits
  • Expiring Codes

0 voters

1 Like

Sorry for the bump, but what’s a twitter code? I’ve never heard of one and I don’t understand what they’re needed for…

lets say you had a game that you wanted players to have the ability to enter codes to receive in game rewards, You could just setup a simple module or use this, the twitter part of this is just to make it in a public space where codes can be visible.

imo i would prefer to make my own module but i can see how this would be useful