Two Orchestral Songs

I’ve recently been remastering some orchestral music I’ve composed a while back with the BBC Symphony Core orchestral audio I bought. I’ve also reworked a previous song I reposted (Sonata orchestra) as I’ve mixed it much better rather than be lazy and just use volume automation for everything. Any feedback is appreciated, especially when it comes to how smooth the dynamics are in each instrument!

Largo in G Major

Orchestra Sonata

3 Likes

I think the brass and woodwinds overpower the strings a little bit too much in Orchestra Sonata. Good job otherwise! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, what tools / apps do you use to make music like this?

I think some of the notes could be cleared up a little bit. It’s also very precise and harsh in places where I feel you could be a little more loose.

But overall they’re nice pieces, seem decently balanced on my AirPods.

I might suggest adding a little bit of Hall Reverb to see if that helps with the harshness.

I compose it all in MuseScore and then I send the MIDI to Logic Pro and mix it with the BBC Orchestra Core.

1 Like

I am trying to sway away from any artificial reverb as the instruments already have reverb on them as they were all recorded live. I’ll try to add a slight compressor to it so the more harsh notes don’t strike as much. Thanks for the suggestions though!

1 Like