"Two users cannot communicate" Error

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-01-30 13:01:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-03 18:02:00 (-08:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Admittedly, I’m uncertain what’s causing this, however, here is the error which keeps getting passed through my webhook that collects errors in my game for investigation.

These two users cannot communicate (ChatService:CanUsersChat returned false) | ServerScriptService.ChatServiceRunner.ChatChannel, line 289 - function GetHistoryLogForSpeaker
ServerScriptService.ChatServiceRunner, line 266

Expected Behavior:
My game, Fitness Gram Pacer Test, receives about 20-25 of these errors per day.
https://www.roblox.com/games/1469741281/Fitness-Gram-Pacer-Test-Beta#!/about

Actual Behavior:
I’m not sure what effect this has on the game, but any time there is an error in the output, I do raise some concerns on what that may do.

Workaround:

8 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Hi,
This should have no negative impact on your experience. It seems to be triggered when the server attempts to get messages for a user for another user who they should not be able to communicate with (see Text Filtering | Roblox Creator Documentation for more information). Please let us know if this appears to be causing noticeable issues for your experience.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.