Tycoon Game Feedback

I’m unsure if this game is ready. I want to know if it’s ready to be advertised.

I need feedback on these aspects (be harsh):

1. Monetisations
    How good are the game passes or dev products?
    Are these worth it for the price?
    Are these useful?

2. Progression
    Is it too fast or too slow?
    Should I add more items to buy or stuff to do?
    Is there any way to improve the rebirth/progression?

3. Performance
    Is the game laggy?
    Did it take a while to load in the game?
    Were there unloaded meshes/textures when you joined?

4. Appeal
    Would children enjoy this?
    How long will people play the game?

5. Clarity
    Were there parts where you were stuck or unsure what to do?
    Were there any parts where it took you a while to figure out?
    Did the game description and thumbnails explain the game well?
    Were the texts in the game understandable?

2 Likes

Alright, so I went through the entire tycoon:

Monetization:
Prices are alright, but the gamepasses are a waste with how small the tycoon is

Progression:
Slow as hell. It’s torture. Even with the heaters…
With just the 2 automated droppers & manual dropper spam, it takes a while to make 1k. With the 2 automated, manual, and heater molder upgrades, it still takes time to generate 1k. With the back side, it still takes time to generate 1k. Most items are 15k+, if it wasnt for /cash i’d be sitting there for a decade just to add 1 wall :skull:

Performance:
Played on my phone, wasnt laggy

Appeal:
They might but they’d get bored… more on that later-

Clarity:
Its very clear. No confusions except the tycoon itself…

Bugs:
Guide off: beam shows (also gray, what happened to the green?)
Guide on: beam doesnt show

Thoughts:

• The “buttons” are too tiny, and the text is small.
  • UI and Touch clash
  • The tycoon is ultimately small and boring. With slow progression, you sit there for a decade just for 4 walls, 1 roof, 3 tools, 1 conveyor, 2 droppers, 2 upgraders, and whatever is out back… If it wasnt for /cash, I wouldve left after 2 seconds.
  • The tycoon is dull. Please… use more colors… everything on the plot is gray and depressing :skull:
  • Theme? The game is called bottle tycoon but- where are the bottles?… it’s just some random factory making what looks to be “coins”
  • Color room: too many color customizations. Also, each panel is too big.

I’d probably rate it 3/10.

Edit: did you force the screen to be a certain way? My screen was upside down (left side was on my phones camera’s side) and i couldnt change it… that bothered me…

1 Like

Now this is the feedback that I have been waiting for (my friends are too kind)

Monetizations

1. I expanded the tycoon from 52 buyable items to 85.

Progression:

1. Changed some orderings.
  2. Added a new set of droppers for the 2nd floor.
  3. Adjusted the value per drop.
  4. Adjusted some prices.

Thoughts:

1. Fixed the bug
  2. I made a separate UI for smaller screens (mobile devices.)
  3. Expanded the tycoon (2nd floor.)
  4. I decided that, instead of grey, the colour of the tycoon will be based on the team colour.
  5. I adjusted the positions of the molder and heater so the bottles would get seen more.
  6. I decided to keep the colour room as is for now, as I am unsure what to do with it.
  7. I changed how screen orientation works
1 Like

Update

1. 85 to 104 Buyable Items
  2. Basement
  3. Better (More) Monetisations
  4. Rebirth System
  5. Random Event System (police chases, health inspection, fallen stars)
  6. Life (traffic system, part of Random Event System)
  7. Performance Improvements
  8. Tycoon Saving
  9. Badges
  10. Game Events (trending colours, materials; potential partners)

Some News

1. I earned 383 Robux from it.
  2. Now working on an expansion for the basement. (Laboratory)
1 Like

You have a game with potential, but it’s not quite there yet. I find it to suffer from many of the problems that my tycoon suffered from in its early stages.

Monetization

I find the +100 and maybe the +1000 cash dev products to be very redundant as there are only like two items that cost 100 cash. The lowest cash dev product should be able to give the player a good boost in progression. They are also expensive.
I also find most if not all the gamepasses (besides the auto collect) to be redundant and expensive.

Progression

Definitely needs a lot of reworking. You get your manual dropper and 2 automatic ones, and you are stuck with that for a while. You have to buy a bunch of walls and infrastructure just to buy a couple upgraders. You also have to rebirth once and buy 14 “magic rows” each costing 750 for a total of 10,500, just to get one giant dropper that only slightly makes your income better.

Performance

It’s currently fine as there are not many droppers, though I will warn you from past experience, if in the future you end up having many droppers dropping hundreds of parts, performance will decrease. Using roblox’s physics engine as your conveyor system isn’t the best and you’ll have to find a better method.

Appeal

Ultimately this game suffers from the fact that, yes, it is just another one of those generic tycoon games. “But wait, I added some things that will make it more unique!” you might say, but this only works if implemented correctly. For example, your cop car and yellow star events do help with getting more money, but they don’t change the gameplay too much. It is still a tycoon. What you could do is have yellow stars be an item and require the player to collect a certain amount of them to buy a dropper. This could encourage the player to do other things, which will keep them engaged more. Another example can be taken from my game. I had an event that would spawn a currency called “meteorite” which you could exchange for cash. Since meteorite had no other use than exchanging, I decided to remove it.

Clarity

The game told me I could get upgraders and once I had bought the two automatic droppers I expected to see something for an upgrader. I didn’t realize for a while that you had to buy a bunch of stuff before you could get them.

Bugs

Seems like there’s a bug where droppers either don’t drop, or it’s just a visual glitch where you can’t see the drop. Also the semi-truck is facing sideways

Other Thoughts

Like I said in the appeal section, ultimately this is just another generic tycoon. In order to make people want to play your game, you’ll have to make it much more engaging rather than just waiting a couple minutes to get money to buy the next purchase. There are multiple ways to do this, and the health inspection is a step in the right direction, causing players to need to go around their tycoon occasionally to clean up messes. Unfortunately, there is not much of a true fix to this problem. Even in sandbox tycoons, the game can eventually just devolve into “wait for money, expand, wait for money again”
Try bringing something new to the table. For example, in my game, me and my friend came up with the idea that the tycoon purchases would be “slots” and you could put any dropper in that slot, and you could swap droppers.

I rate it a 3/10, though please don’t be discouraged by this. The game has a lot of potential to be better.

If you want a few more examples, try looking through my profile. I have a bunch of topics on my game that could be helpful in making your game better.

1 Like

Bug + Performance

• For the “visual bug” I made a drop limit per plot. If it exceeds, It’ll stop dropping and give you money instantly (the boosts from upgraders still apply)

• I fixed the truck

Clarity

• I’ll work on it

Appeal

• I’ll look into it

The sandbox concept sounds okay, unsure if I should mix it with the current game (after 5 rebirths, you’ll be in a different place) or make it separate (label it as a sequel)

1 Like

Update

1. Map themes for each month (changes automatically)
  2. Tool classes (Range, Offence, Support)
  3. Usable items went from 10 to 20
  4. Group benefits
  5. Performance improvements

Some News

1. Now at 10k visits
  2. Active players at 10-20 average (26 was the highest)
  3. Earning 1k robux every 2 days
  4. Some users are experiencing loading issues and there are some errors that don’t make sense (like a part from a touch event doesn’t exist, how did it even fire to begin with)
  5. I’m starting to hire some people to help me since being the only developer isn’t keeping up with the amount of people finishing the game too quickly

So far, I really enjoy the game! I think the sound design is really great, which is something not a lot of games have, and I personally think it feels really weird when everything you do is silent. I really enjoy that the buy buttons are small since I cannot emphasize how annoying it is to accidentally walk over a button and have a robux popup cover the screen begging you to buy more cash. I really like the sparkle effects that come out of the droppers as well, you really paid a lot of attention to detail that gives the game just that much more life to it. The ui is nice and keeps a consistent style to it.

I only have a few notes of things to change:

For one, I’m not sure if each of the tycoons have different tools, but it seems to me like the hacking device was way too cheap and easy to access, especially right after you buy the laser door, and it kind of feels like it defeats the purpose of having a laser door at all.

as for the rebirth system, it feels like you need to rebirth/are able to rebirth way too quickly into the game, after only buying a single room and two droppers. I think you should have to work more in order to be able to rebirth.

While I really enjoy the ability to customize the colors of your tycoon, I think the options are very limited and honestly some of them are way too bright/neon.

The delivering timer goes by way too quickly, especially when you don’t have any idea what you’re doing at first. The car also doesn’t load in at all for me? not sure if that’s a mesh that got deleted or what.

Overall, it’s a really cute game and I think its worth advertising!

1 Like

The delivering timer goes by way too quickly, especially when you don’t have any idea what you’re doing at first. The car also doesn’t load in at all for me? not sure if that’s a mesh that got deleted or what.

I added a simple GPS feature. Also, maybe you were too zoomed in that your camera was inside the truck mesh

While I really enjoy the ability to customize the colors of your tycoon, I think the options are very limited and honestly some of them are way too bright/neon.

I’m still figuring out how to make those colour picker thingy from photoshop

For one, I’m not sure if each of the tycoons have different tools, but it seems to me like the hacking device was way too cheap and easy to access, especially right after you buy the laser door, and it kind of feels like it defeats the purpose of having a laser door at all.

Good idea, tycoons with different tools. I already had this with abilities since I had 2 and I can’t give them both, but I haven’t thought about tools. For the laser door and the price of the hacking device, I made it intentional to be like that so I could make players rob other people + make them buy the advanced laser door gamepass

as for the rebirth system, it feels like you need to rebirth/are able to rebirth way too quickly into the game, after only buying a single room and two droppers. I think you should have to work more in order to be able to rebirth.

I was thinking of forcing the player to deliver an X amount of times and/or collect a bunch of stuff.

1 Like