"Typical Obby?" - Horror game Feedback

Thank you! I think I’ll keep updating the game, I have plans to add mini-games and a nightmare mode (where there is no respawn and no hints) what should be a challenge for Try Hard players.

Some tips for different Endings
Bad Ending: All you have to do is just not collect the notes, then there will be a bad ending.

Good Ending: There are only 4 notes in the game, they need to be collected to get this ending. The first note is located between two trees in the forest. Many people do not notice the second one, but it is located to the right of the car (the main thing is not to get close to the corpse in the car, otherwise red eyes will close the passage to the note). The third one is in the school, near the blackboard, next to the desk, where it is easy to notice it. Well, the last one is in the basement, in the left passage next to the closed door.

2 Likes

Hey i just finished the game, neutral ending, not too shabby haha i’ve found two clues. I wanted to congratulate you on this game, the cutscenes are amazing, the ambiance too, and the jumpscares are awesome specially the one where you have to follow the noob through the halls, that was my favorite by far i almost had a heart attack.
You nailed with the game man, i hope you can get some players in, i’ll pray to the roblox algorithm gods for you.
As a small feedback i would say the seeker noob part with the plank and hide under bench was a bit too long for me, i dont recall how many times i had to hide plank hide plank etc before moving on, but i would cut down at least one hide plank combo. The rest i’ve got nothing to say but praises.

1 Like

Thank you! I will continue to develop the game, soon in the game: Nightmare mode, Survival Mode (renamed, the first name is Mini-Games).

1 Like

Hey! Just played the game for myself and for the most part it was incredible! I loved the cute noob at the start (mainly its expressions) and how it teaches us to solve the very basic obby then just leaves us on our own. The environment, ambience and the sound effects were quite good too, and you really nailed it on the amazing monsters and the jump-scares. The transition to the ‘YOU DIED’ screen on the desktop is really cool as well!! Loved the game but here are some things that put me a little off:

1. The warning and the loading screen can really be improved. And the loading takes quite some while which may drift away players in the start.
  2. The rolling tween when talking to noob is just not it, felt funny when it started but then when it kept going it, became a bit unsettling.
  3. The forest part was a bit too confusing and definitely needs to be easier to navigate through, I was lost for a few minutes and kept dying to ‘Not this way!’.
  4. The random jump-scares were a bit distracting.
  5. The bathroom part was the most confusing for me, I believe I died over 10 times to then finally understand how it worked. I was expecting a high pitched stereotypical creepy laugh so maybe that’s why. And it was a bit stretched out as well!
  6. The chase after the ‘flash the light to scare the monster’ felt amazingly cool but i took a wrong step and every-time I would click replay it would just replay from where I died and hence an endless loop of deaths so I couldn’t get to experience the game further!

Just some of my feelings while playing it! Also some general improvements like overall game UI would really add that finished polish. Overall I actually had fun playing this game and can see it having potential. The special death scenes like the ones where your hands are tied up or the chainsaw one were spectacular, loved them! After enough balancing and quality improvements the game will surely be a 9/10!
Good luck! Would love to see the final product!

1 Like

Thank you! As for the UI, I’m not a pro at this, but I’ll try to learn a lot about it! To be honest, I didn’t even expect such success, it motivates me a lot. I even had some ideas for the second part of the game to reveal the plot a little bit (it definitely won’t be an obby).

1 Like

the game is good! love the vhs horror elements, and also the (mostly) unpredictable jumpscares.

oh yeah and the amazing death scenes. I love the animtions!

1 Like

Thank you!

Roblox limits to 3 * 10 chars

I’m not sure if this was answered yet, but will there be multiplayer support added? That would be pretty important if you want players for a game like this. The game is awesome though.

1 Like

Yes, I’m going to make a multiplayer for Escape mode (yes, I’ve renamed it twice already). Now I have already made the Lobby system and the location of the Forest, I have a little more left. And later I want to try to make multiplayer for the usual walkthrough it will take time because the game is designed for one player and a lot of things break when several players play it.

1 Like

I passed all the exams and became more free to make a game. Now I’m developing a multiplayer, it’s already a little different from a single-player game due to the complexity of events, for example, a jumpscare in the forest. But this should not affect the lore.

Most likely, there will be no more updates (except for bugfixes), since I have received a lot of feedback, I will start developing the second part, taking into account feedback. Thank you all again!
But now, I will continue to make multiplayer!

1 Like

Just played and this game is amazing, I would love to see this game make it big because it is very well made. I also really enjoyed the music at the start how it went from normal to slowly more unsettling. Don’t know if its unfinished but the UI at the start was pretty ordinary though.

Overall great game, would love to see it grow.

Also in the scene where the noob with the mask on chases you down the hallway, after dying you aren’t given much of a warning or headstart when you respawn.

1 Like

was replaying this game, it got changed
and when cutscene where i died to a noob in a chase started, after he started killing me, i got disconnected for internet issues

too realistic

and i have an idea: multiplayer

1 Like

Thanks again!
Multiplayer is coming soon :wink:

1 Like

Finally! I’ve finished the update!
Changelog:

• Added multiplayer version
  • Added “Escape mode”
  • Added Nightmare mode
  • Fixed some glitches