Typing "/" in chat causes duplicate characters

I have not tested this on Windows or any other platform, so it’s possible this only occurs on macOS.

2 Likes

I’m on Mac. It’s been happening to me for the past day

11 Likes

I’m on Windows, not happening to me!

1 Like

I am also on a Mac, and this does in fact happen in game, it’s very annoying

9 Likes

Yep, been happening on MacOS. Past couple days.

6 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

12 Likes

Yeah, occurred to me too on mac

3 Likes

This is still actively occurring on my mac as well as many other people’s. Hope this can be resolved ASAP as it makes typing commands, chatting, and more very tedious.

2 Likes

Seems to be a mac keyboard issue, can someone with a mac keyboard on windows or vice versa test? it could either be mac keyboard or macos

It’s definitely not macOS here. As mentioned, I tested it in TextEdit and this started occurring even though I have not installed any system updates at the time.

1 Like

Are there any updates to this? It’s been nearly a month and this makes using slash commands very frustrating

Hey, I got a fix in for this! You should see the change roll out in about a week or so :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mind looking into this issue?

Interesting username by the way :joy:
Edit: Oh, you updated it :sob:

2 Likes

I thought there was just something wrong with my keyboard! I’ve been having to delete the second slash every time.

This is just for Macs, though, my Chromebook does not have this issue (yes, you can get Roblox on Chromebook)

1 Like

Not to be off-topic, just replying to your own reply’s topic which I think is okay?..

I have to agree.
Not to mention this is an old name… Meaning possibly his age was in his username.

1 Like

Is there any Mac user not experiencing this issue? Also, does there exist a timeline for when the bug could be patched?

Wow—he must have a lot of experience after 2,013 years of life.

1 Like

yea I am still experiencing this. very frustrating since I use /e for a game mechanic all the time

1 Like

Any updates on the issue? Thanks

1 Like

More like 3K days.

I’m not gonna go off-topic with this.

1 Like

The issue is still persisting after 2 weeks. Do we have a different ETA of this fix?

1 Like