Typos & Minor Edits Mega-thread [Closed]

MarketplaceService | Roblox Creator Documentation Says you should see GamePassService | Roblox Creator Documentation, but that function has been deprecated so much, that the service is being retired. Instead, you should use MarketplaceService | Roblox Creator Documentation

Sound.RollOffMode has a broken table
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/Sound/RollOffMode

The description for CFrame.UpVector is incorrect. CFrame (roblox.com)

Currently it says that CFrame.UpVector corresponds to Vector3.new(r01, r11, r12).

According to the rotation matrix, it should instead say Vector3.new(r10, r11, r12).

CFrame.Orthonormalize() has a repeated word.

1 Like

The “Hire a Content Creator” section needs to be updated now that collaboration is locked:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/ParticleEmitter/Emit
The code snippets under ParticleEmitter:Emit are blank and should probably be removed.

says Vector2 instead of vector3

The correct is Enum:GetEnums() and not Enums:GetEnums ( )

There seems to be some extra text hanging above the “Design of Networking” video from RDC 2019.

Looks like “##Note” is being used, but a yellow warning box such as the “Yields” one that is pictured would be more appropriate in this situation.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Player/IsInGroup

On the top of the Tuple documentation page, there’s a blue area on the top of the page which displays the text "> ">

So far I can only find this on the Tuple documentation page. This incident is also similar to the Design of Networking mistake recently posted.

Reproduction Steps
This page has some broken HTML at the top of the page:

Expected Behavior
The page to not contain broken HTML

Actual Behavior
The page contains broken HTML. Nothing that breaks the content, though.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: HapticService:SetMotor
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly

ParticleEmitter/Emit has a misspelling and thus broken link in the first sentence of the description:

The Emit method will cause the ParticleEmitter to emit the given number of particles similar to how ParticleEmitter.Rate does on ParticleEmitter/Enalbed emitters.

ParticleEmitter/Enalbed should be ParticleEmitter/Enabled

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/ParticleEmitter/Emit

It should be “it became effective” since it is now two years past that date.

Although it’s a minor edit, this mention makes ALL the difference in understanding data limits in the DataStore.
Nowhere in the official DataStore documentation is it clear whether the 4Mb limit is for the entire DataStore (summing all keys), per scope, or per key.
This raises a lot of doubt (as I’ve had so far), where I just confirmed this by finding the announcement of the increased limit to 4Mb, where it mentions that it’s ‘per-key’:

ClickableWhenViewportHidden, in the description(the i shouldn’t be capitalized):

ClickableWhenViewportHidden

Some of the fonts on Fonts Page aren’t working/showing up, they’re just the default font.

As programeow mentions in his/her post, you wrote in the PreloadAsync it only receives instances. But, it clearly can accept URIs like in the example at the bottom of the documentation.

Also, confirmed in this 2017 post, it should accept image URIs

I am unable to create a thread in this category so this is my only option

The example usage of GetRangeAsync is incorrect

function PrintAllKeys(map)
    -- the initial lower bound is nil which means to start from the very first item
    local exclusiveLowerBound = nil

-- this loop continues until the end of the map is reached
    while true do
        -- get up to a hundred items starting from the current lower bound
        local items = map:GetRangeAsync(Enum.SortDirection.Ascending, 100, exclusiveLowerBound)

-- print all keys retrieved in this call
        for _, entry in ipairs(items) do
            print(item.key) -- this line is using a variable that doesn't exist
        end

-- if the call returned less than a hundred items it means we’ve reached the end of the map
        if #items < 100 then
            break
        end

-- the last retrieved key is the exclusive lower bound for the next iteration
        exclusiveLowerBound = items[#items].key
    end
end

The line with “print(item.key)” uses the variable “item” which doesn’t exist anywhere in the example. There is also no documentation on how the returned array is formatted which is (from my knowledge):

{
    {
        ["key"] = "some key",
        ["value"] = "some value"
    },
    {
        ["key"] = "some key",
        ["value"] = "some value"
    }
}

the GetNameFromUserIdAsync() API reference code example shows the incorrect code example it shows the " Playing in Third Person" code sample instead of the " GetNameFromUserIdAsync" code sample. Please fix it if you have the ability to.

1 Like

Roblox Star Program states the following:

‘Ability to direct from Social Links on the experiences page, to the Amazon Store’

The above line is missing an apostrophe and should actually be the following:

‘Ability to direct from Social Links on the experience’s page, to the Amazon Store’