UGC Catalog is Now Live!

I think moderation needs more training, two UGC creators dont deserve to be in, one copied and stole art from platforms and another botted his UGC item. If this is to really be open to public moderation team needs to get on top of things like this considering roblox has 1billion users.

9 Likes

I was speaking about moderation for the UGC program, and props to you for keeping everything original

3 Likes

You are correct they do need to do this. The only thing it’s not just for UGC the moderation needs to be better… It’s for everything. The moderation system is horrible as is. Mind you they did make the UGC moderation system a bit better than the clothing moderation.

8 Likes

UGC Moderation is much better, but clothing moderation is OH BOY. I wouldn’t say It’s horrible but could use more work.

7 Likes

How in the world did this get past? UGC Creators really don’t care about making anything original, they just decide to profit off things that other people had originally made.
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/5152922080/Surrealist-Face-Mask
(this was the mask from Joker)
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/4597526569/Content-Deleted
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/4837259850/Cheezburger-Mobile
https://www.roblox.com/catalog/4820448812/Bighead-Waist
the list goes on.

7 Likes

There are literally hundreds of UGC creators; you are cherry-picking, at most, a dozen.

I’d like to remind you that this is still in beta and that they’re constantly improving it; they will not release it to the public until they sort out these problems, which they said at RDC ‘19, and has been reiterated several times.

8 Likes

He absolutely should be pointing them out. The reason why the program is in beta is to make sure these problems are fixed before they become public, if people have the belief that these problems will suddenly fix themselves before this feature is available to a significantly larger audience, they’re mistaken. If anything, people should continue raising awareness each time a situation happens where a UGC Creator uses other peoples work or anything that could abuse the system Roblox has in place for UGC so we all have a better time using this feature in the future.

13 Likes

Starting to think roblox dont care about the limited market anymore, they see more profit in letting borderline limited clones be accepted at this point.

7 Likes

I dont know if you have traded before, but based off your profile im assuming not.
For you to say that UGC doesn’t affect limiteds shows how little you really know.

The best example of UGC ruining a limiteds demand would be the Downtown Denizen Fedora, You cant even deny that this is a blatent Classic fedora clone, you can argue and say “There is a blank band around it” but this can be simply covered with a hair or any other item.

You can clearly see from the image below that classic fedoras Rap dropped to 26k from basically 40k+
This could also be factored in with the headless item being released but based off the previous years outcome, this one crashed classic fedoras rap much more than it should have.
Once the UGC got removed, Classic fedora immediatly regained alot of its Rap and recovered.

I could easily paste in 10+ Limited copys from the UGC catalog. The developers are taking original “Roblox created designs” and literally tweaking them to try and look different but are practically the same item.

5 Likes

This tweet from an outsourced UGC creator perfectly exemplifies why having one person create an item and having another sell it is an awful idea. Better yet, her further replies show that creating this item for a Star Creator gained her zero traction into getting into the UGC program so that she could publish items for herself.

I think it’s seriously time to start questioning the integrity of the UGC program. If users are creating items, recieving zero profit from it, and then not able to further themselves into a position where they possibly could earn money from items they are making, then something is disgustingly wrong with how users are being selected for this program.

11 Likes

It’s a black fedora. Do you really expect two black fedoras to not look similar? As for the 10+ limited copies, I’d really like to see you try and prove any of them are direct copies, if they were they wouldn’t pass QA or be taken down shortly after uploading.

3 Likes

I seen this comment coming already, how about, he doesnt make the fedora at all? ever think about that?
I can happily paste in the UGC clones right now.

JJ5x5’s White Top Hat Clone.
White Sparkletime Fedora Copy
Perfectly Legitimate Fedora / Black Sparkletime fedora
Pink Sparkletime fedora
Domino Crown
Red Bandana of SQL Injection
Clockworks Shades
Clockworks Headphones
Adurite Antlers

I can easily paste in non limited clones, but they dont really have any effect on their demand.

14 Likes

Hello,

Is it possible to apply for UGC creators? I would really love to make accessories for people! I already have a solid audience since I am a developer. Please let me know!

Sincerely,

xPoloBear

6 Likes

There isn’t any possible way to apply at the moment, unfortunately. :frowning:

6 Likes

To go along with the mask from “Money Heist”, the creator has no shame. They even call it the Dali Mask in a Twitter post.
https://twitter.com/vn_ce/status/1270060465129951238

People in the Roblox comments aren’t too happy about it.

3 Likes

Ah yes, UGC creators should just not make fedoras because limited fedoras exist. Very good idea.

You’re really grasping at straws here too with those other items you posted because most of them don’t even look like the source material you’re referencing… you just compared glasses that aren’t even pitch black to clockwork shades and a dark red bandana to SQL. You realize that bandanas have been made under the Roblox account before, right?

If limiteds are worth the cost of admission, then similarly designed UGC items wouldn’t be a problem. You’re right to assume that they’re unconcerned with the limited market given the infrequency of limiteds being released though, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise.

12 Likes

Good luck Community hope you give your best

2 Likes

None of them look anything alike. Clockwork isn’t the only shades, neither the only fedora, neither the only bandanna.

You should consider alterior reasons for the value to drop; such as limiteds community’s rapid shrinking. There is no evidence to assert that this is caused by UGC.

10 Likes

I’m all for creators having the ability to express themselves and them being able to take inspiration from other existing items on the catalog, but absolute, definitively blatant copies should not be allowed, of course.

Restricting people because something similar may be on the catalog is not fair to many creators who want to try their hand at something not entirely unique, but unique enough to distinguish that item from whatever they took inspiration from. I commend Roblox for allowing the creative freedom that they have, and I believe it should stay that way.

As for limited items…I don’t want to make a comment on that as I’m not one who really cares for limited items and their values. I’ll leave that discussion for others to have.

8 Likes

Soon I will be Making hats, robux and using my imagination on such amazing hats. When I can make UGC for the avatar shop.

6 Likes