UGC fake dynamic heads are discouraging me for making real ones. We need to make 2 categories

Hello, I’m Ryxku, and I would like to raise a concern regarding the prevalent practice among UGC creators of uploading static heads in bundles. This issue has been causing confusion and misinformation within the marketplace. Ever since the introduction of dynamic heads and bundles, I’ve consistently put in the effort to create authentic dynamic heads. I meticulously work on each frame to ensure they function seamlessly with the camera and voice chat features.

I believe it would be beneficial for Roblox to clearly distinguish between static and dynamic heads.

I am not against static heads, but it’s essential for players looking to purchase heads to differentiate between genuine dynamic heads and imitations. We should remove the “dynamic” icon from static heads so that the creators who put in the effort to produce authentic dynamic heads can be properly recognized.
So you can allow peacefully UGC Creators to make bundles with static head without forcing them to disguise their fake dynamic heads.
This recognition is a significant aspect of the work that Roblox could prioritize because we have to write most of the time “Animated” in the name of our head if not people don’t care and will probably think it’s static because there’s no way to know.

Without this differentiation, there might be a discouragement to create dynamic heads as it would be more time and cost-effective to create static ones. I hope that Roblox will consider addressing this concern to maintain the integrity of the marketplace and encourage quality content creation.

10 Likes

After reading everything, so far your concern is that you are being poorly motivated to create dynamic heads because of how other creators are releasing heads that while somewhat different, are static and do not include any capacity to be animated whenever making emotes and/or animations within Roblox Studio.

From what I am aware and can remember, this was a pretty common thing after UGC creators were able to create their custom head, but the team behind the program is rebranding the process of how you need to follow the guidelines of making heads containing FACS (Facial Action Coding System) before publishing to the Roblox Marketplace.

3 Likes

Hi Juan, thank for your answer, I wouldn’t say I’m being "poorly motivated to create dynamic heads " because I already created over 8 different dynamic heads.
I’m aware about this announcement, but I believe it would be nicer if UGC Creators were allowed to upload legally static heads. Because for a short time, some UGC Creators could create bundles with no dynamic head (when it wasn’t out).
Like these ones :

4sby’s bundle is the proof all heads don’t need to be dynamic. I can’t hardly imagine an animated head for this.

4 Likes

Heya @Ryxku, thanks for the return as a reply! :smiley:

I now see your point and I can understand that it would be cool if UGC creators could have the ability to upload static faces. I truly agree because it makes sense to be who you want to be in what they call a “virtual world” (i.e. Metaverse)…

However, it seems that these ideas of publishing 2D faces (commonly known as “Classic Faces”) won’t live long enough as they want to expand their technology to show how you can express yourself with avatars that can smile, laugh, and make whatever facial animations. This was also discussed ever since the release of UGC creators being able to publish dynamic heads and were looking for feedback, but never really did anything.

Overall, the whole point of what I want to say is that we should have the freedom to customize our avatar with any type of face that is included with/without a bundle, yet we are not sure if the team behind UGC may want to do it. It is all a mystery behind the scenes, but from our perspective, they don’t seem to care. :melting_face:

3 Likes