UGC Hair exporting into blender issue

So I started going down the journey of trying too use wiggle bones in blender and thought I should try and use it in a animation I’m doing for a collab. I grab the avatar, export the items too blender. The hair I was using broke and I thought it was weird, since I was comparing it too a royal skys video. Asked some friends they assured me it was normal for UGC too be broken in blender most of the time. Ok, I separate the model by hand and follow the tutorial accordingly and rigged. Rigged it too the main rig and it breaks.

I find one video on how too animate UGC hair in blender and it’s just a quick hold L and rig it. I try it on my model and it breaks. I go into the blender community and they told me too merge vertices, it works but the textures are breaking. I try pinning the textures down, still doesn’t work.

Unmerged version:

Merged Version:

The UGC in question: Middle Swept Spiky Bangs in Red - Roblox

TL-DR: UGC hair isnt functionating as it should. Separating breaks it, merging allows for linking, but it ruins the texture and pinning doesn’t work.

1 Like

I found out you just needed too reset the normals. (green triangle)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.