UGC hair - wig style

I am doing ugc hair, and I would like to know how to do hair in the wig style.

I’m mostly trying to do the bases, and I don’t know how to do it
Here are examples: (I especially try to make the base of the first 2 hairs) (the hair in example is created by G N A)

5 Likes

A couple of tips. First, try downloading their model. Its always good to study what youre trying to replicate! You can use this plugin: Load Catalog Items - Creator Marketplace (roblox.com) Take the “ID” of the item by copying what comes after /catalog/ in the item’s url. Once the item is in studio you can export the hair by right clicking and clicking “Export selection”. This will download the item and texture.

Modeling hair is similar to other projects besides roblox, so you don’t need tutorials that are specific to roblox. The only main difference is the tris/vert count needs to be low. Here is a good tutorial I have used before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU0BFThJIco

Hair textures are generally the same across any hair model. They are streaks of color. UV maps can overlap so they are all placed individually and matched up to look good. You can see many examples by looking up “hair texture pack” on google.

Lastly is that these hair models have a cap underneath. This can be achieved by copying the default head mesh into blender and removing the lower half of the verts. I have uploaded a copy of the head mesh you can use here: create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/15545562168

9 Likes

Check out the hair I made using this technique!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.