UGC hat error. Size too large

I’m getting an error while trying to upload a UGC hat. Saying the size of the mesh is too big or something. my mesh size is 2.747, 2.634, 2.99 tho so idk why I get this error.
Screenshot 2024-04-19 130552

6 Likes

Yeah. Checked in blender too. The dimensions on both roblox and in blender are less than 3,4,3. idk

2 Likes

I had a similar problem but with a back accessory, deleteables helped me by sending this link:

Maybe your problem is also the incorrect positioning of the item? In my case the back accessory was too far towards the front of the avatar and it gave the same error as it gave you, saying that the dimensions were incorrect while they were within the limits given in the error description.

1 Like

wait im kinda confused. My dimensions are small enough to fit the classic avatar. Does it need to fit every avatar type and not just the classic?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m just starting my adventure with creating UGC items, so I won’t be of much help, but I’m going to test the Accessory Fitting Tool tomorrow. It seems to me that there is no need to adjust it to different types of avatars and it will scale itself. In my case, it was enough to move the back accessory a little back and the problem disappeared (I had the same error as you, about exceeding the allowable dimensions, while the mesh dimensions were correct), so the accessories cannot go beyond certain limits set for a given type of accessory. For example, back accessories cannot extend too far onto the front part of the avatar. That’s how I understood it for now, tomorrow I will read more on this topic and do some tests, I’m sure more experienced people will help in this matter.

1 Like

I figured it out. Basically just use the accessory fitting tool in studio and it shows you the bounding box. My UGC doesn’t fit this because of how it was modeled so yipeee

Bro now its this. You can legit see on the right theres a part named handle. I used their own accessory tool for this. Do they just not want me to create a UGC I don’t get it.

1 Like

So an accessory tool made by someone else works, but roblox’s own tool doesn’t work!!! wow!!!

What tool was it, currently having issues with stickmaster’s plugin, not working as it did before.

Hey, I am having the same issue as you. Did you get it working? If so, how?

Not really, it just works sometimes whenever it decides to or not. I’ve been needing to turn the mesh into an accessory multiple times for it to work. I’m pretty sure that this issue is because they finally patched hats going beyond the size boundaries with slender/normal properties but even then this affects some hats INSIDE the boundaries.