UGC hidden fees

750 to publish a creation to the market is fine.

a hidden 1,500 Robux charge just to put it on sale? ludicrous.

at least list alongside the 750 purchase that its only going to be put off sale and put in bold text that you will have to fork over double the upfront just to put it on sale.

bought the 10$ premium because it made sense. could publish a hat and eventually make enough money from it to make another, then repeat.

except now I’ll have to continuously fork over tens of dollars to publish single items.

you have to be:
id verified
have premium
have 2,250 Robux

to publish a single item. afterwards, you’re negative 2,250 Robux and your dignity because you spent all your money on uploading an item that could easily fall to the bottom of the Marketplace.

my suggestion?
have an option between either.
if you want to pay the upfront fee, good for you. maybe Roblox can take less of a revenue percentage then?
but if they choose not to do the 1,500 upfront (still caught on how unexpected this was) then Roblox will take more of a percentage.
this makes the upfront charge more profitable at the initial expense. this would open the Marketplace to so many more people.

to the argument that the Marketplace would become flooded with garbage; it already is. take a quick peep and you’ll quickly see that all these upfront fees do nothing to stop people publishing remakes and knockoffs of limited’s, or sometimes downright questionable content.

tldr: why are there so many UGC fees? i wasnt even told that i would have to pay an additional charge to upload my item.

2 Likes

You are right, I think they should make it cheaper. I think the reason why you need to do all these things is because of bots/spam. It was the same thing with classic shirts, back when builders club existed.

ALSO roblox takes half my earnings from every purchase until i pay them back an ADDITIONAL 1.5k
“publishing advance rebate”