UGC Materials Rendering Issue

Brief Description

When overriding BasePart instances with UGC Materials they start to bug out adnormally switching between Base Materials and other UGC Materials you have In-Game under MaterialService. They all switch between said materials depending on your cameras position.

Where it happens

I’m currently experiencing it in any projects with 2022Materials enabled/disabled while using UGC Materials on BaseParts.

When It started

I had started experiencing this issue yesterday night around 10PM EST when I was going to work on a few things in studio for the night.

Videos / Images

Reproduction Steps

1. Load into any studio experience
  2. Insert a few UGC Into MaterialService
  3. Override any BaseParts with the UGC Materials (Parts, MeshParts, Wedges, Unions, Etc)
  4. Make sure MaterialPattern is set to Organic
  5. Move your Camera around those parts

Expected Behavior

I expect the UGC Materials to Render normally as they would with Default Materials

Actual Behavior

UGC Materials will randomly sort between all your UGC Materials depending on the Cameras CFrame

Workaround

Reverting the MaterialPattern to Regular

Issue Area: Roblox Studio
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-05-18 10:00:00 (-05:00)

4 Likes

Thanks for the report. We will investigate and fix it in future releases.

4 Likes

@programeow
In my game, rather than just flickering when the camera is moved, the material changes entirely when MaterialPattern is set to organic. (not even to the part base material, it’s entirely different)
It originally started with the part simply being blank white, however this new and more strange behaviour started today.

Part of the reproduction steps is to have the material set as organic as I personally have yet to reproduce the bug on Regular patterns

It should have been fixed now. Let me know if you still have issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.