[ARCHIVED] shadowflame63 | UGC Concepts

Hey there, I’m shadowflame63. I’ve been using Blender since 2018; I’ve made quite a bit of both awesome things and ugly junk. However, only the best of the best is on show here!

First of all, my techniques. I simply make a very low poly representation of what I want, then I apply modifiers like Subdivision Surface and Solidify to get a more polished product and adjust vertices and edges around until I have what I want.

My textures are simple as they’re just solid colours, however they are sharp because I etch into the geometry of the mesh itself so you don’t get horrible blurry textures.

Now for the cool stuff:

General Models

A borgor for an upcoming game :hamburger: 32,418 tris 11,334 tris
Borgor 320p
A plastic cup and glass bottle :tropical_drink: 6,204 tris, 8,128 tris 4,412 tris, 4,408 tris
Bottle and Cup
An orange van, first vehicle I’ve made :blue_car: 17,007 tris 11,401 tris
Orange Van
Some dynamite :eyes: 9,746 tris
Dynamite
An iPhone SE :iphone: 1,340 tris
iPhone SE
A beebo plush from Human Simulator :billed_cap: 11,524 tris
Beebo Plush With Cap
A green lumberjack hat :axe: 7,246 tris
Lumberjack Hat
A blocky character :joystick: 3,812 tris

A bunch of eggs I made last Easter :egg: 68,983 tris 35,051 tris in total

A sleek and modern laptop :computer: 5,304 tris
Laptop

You’re probably wondering, “Hey, where are all the UGC concepts?”, well they’re on my twitter profile so I didn’t want to just reupload them here. I thought I’d put some original models I haven’t showed off yet. I hope you like what you’ve seen and feel free to give any feedback! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If you’d like to see all my UGC concepts, you can check them out here:
This will take you from the DevForum website
twitter.com/MidgettMann1

This post is outdated and no longer reflects my modelling skills.
Check out my Talent Hub portfolio for up to date concepts!

7 Likes

Looks good, but I suggest starting to keep an eye on the amount of tris in each model. If a game has a bunch of models with high amounts of tris, it’ll impact performance quite a bit.

2 Likes

that is way too much tris for a model

1 Like

Yeah, I had a feeling the tris count wouldn’t look good. I try to keep the count down but curved surfaces take a lot if you want them to look good. Also I think a lot of the tris are coming from extra edges I forgot to remove but these are older models so I didn’t think to at the time.

Sorry about that, I’ll keep them lower in the future :sweat_smile: