Confusion on UGC application reply

Hey there :wave:, I received a response about the previous UGC applications. I was rejected which is fine, because it’s only my first proper application, but I’m confused on the reason for the rejection.

The reply states that:

Unfortunately, your item creation documentation was insufficient and therefore your application was invalidated.

Which doesn’t make much sense to me as I submitted ~20 screenshots for each item showing over 80% of the creation process, including reference materials.

Here’s everything I submitted:

UGC Item 1

UGC Item 2

Extra Details

RBXM Files: RBXM Files.zip (68.8 KB)
DevForum Portfolio: [UGC PORTFOLIO] shadowflame63 | UGC Concepts
Twitter UGC account: twitter.com/MidgettMann1

Overall, I’m just not sure what I’m missing from my application. I’d like to figure out because then I can include it next time so my application doesn’t become invalid again causing time to be wasted. It does take a long time to wait for and do after all. :sleeping:

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they put the same broad rejection message for every single response that does get rejected.

Just try again next time and you might get accepted. :wink:

3 Likes

Did you make sure that you were only using less than 1200 Verts and 4k Trix, and a 256x256px texture?

3 Likes

Are those the restrictions for UGC items? I was going by MeshPart restrictions. Would be a bit silly if that was the case because that wasn’t mentioned on the application or DevForum post.

They are, but I don’t think that’s even a consideration on the applications as they didn’t state it anywhere. I’d bet that the person above is correct in that they send the same rejection message to everyone, definitely confusing though and if that doesnt end up being the reasoning I’m not sure why because it looks thorough to me.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re probably right about it being a generic message. I’m just worried about repeating the same issue and getting rejected again because of it.

1 Like

Tbh I don’y if you should follow those limits, but thats what they told me to do and I haven’t get a rejected dm yet

It’s your tri counts. Gotta optimize that stuff into oblivion.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.