UGC Program: Updates to avatar bodies and heads + opening up creation

Seems like a W update, should help bundle creators earn more since they can’t be price cut any longer. Looking forward to hearing more abt moderation regarding 1:1 clones of existing limiteds and miscategorization of items.

11 Likes

HAHAHA This is such a fun update. I can’t wait to have players fuming now that they can’t get free bundles. This is the first time I’ve seen Roblox do something which negatively affects the majority. Maybe now you’ll start caring about developers? :> . Public UGC is bound to be a catastrophy but Im just excited to see the chaos, I have (respectfully) had no hopes for Roblox Corp.

33 Likes

This is a great update but please also consider a universal price floor across all UGC items, this would help creators so much with people misusing the asset categories as well as price cutting.

12 Likes

Appreciate these new changes! Hope we can see more improvements to UGC develop while we get closer to early 2024.

9 Likes

Rip people who like collect free bundle and dynamic head

24 Likes

Are there any plans to increase the sizes again in the near future? I made a post detailing why the current max size restrictions are too small (Roblox-created packages wouldn’t even be allowed with current restrictions). I did another test, and most of the packages I tested with (snowman, crimson claw, gargoyle etc) still don’t fit within the max sizes:

26 Likes

Very glad to see the bundle price floors were created and actual moderation notes are coming- I will more than likely take the time to learn how to create bundles and dynamic heads now

12 Likes

Get what you still can get for free in the marketplace, guys. You only have a week until they are forced to become paid bundles.

They didn’t do this to the classic T-shirts…

15 Likes

I am obviously sad the price floor is that high and free items are out of the question (indirectly killing potential non-profit fan-works), but i presume this was only meant as a temporary measure to get as much user usage as possible (and thus have a bigger sample to collect statistics and feedback off), and from that perspective i assume this decision makes sense (with it being less of a change and more the way it was initially meant to be)

12 Likes

I think this is bad decision to make dynamic heads and bodies to cost 75 R$!!?

19 Likes

you might also postpone public ugc to an indefinite date since you guys need to give your moderating team proper instruction. i don’t understand how there can be 1:1 copies of roblox limiteds on the catalog in one single part up for 50 robux and nobody bothers to take them down.

this thing has been up for days, sold tens of thousands of times and no moderator has taken action. i’m pretty sure plenty of them must’ve seen it already. how is this possible?

24 Likes

This is quite a major backtrack when the whole point of the original announcement was talking about why bodies need to be free in order for players to express themselves. I understand the negative reception from UGC creators about this but implementing a price floor will simply just reduce the amount of sales of lower-cost bodies (IE: bodies that are currently >0 Robux yet <75 Robux); making it even more difficult to gain sales without breaking the rules (as all of the super popular avatar body bundles have done at some point / are doing). A price floor is not a solution, it’s a band-aid restriction to allow creators to get a minimal amount of revenue.

UGC has been continuously getting worse for the past few weeks and that is before it is even public. Little to no punishments are going to those who abuse the system and more clever abuse-methods are being found every day; this is appalling and not something any of the current report systems can handle.

23 Likes

True… R.I.P.
I was one of those users who collected free bundle and dynamic head, but as always, there are people who cannot get rid of their hunger even by eating 13 tacos in 1 hour…

Sorry for the way I expressed myself, but I don’t think this will make 90% of the community happy.

13 Likes

Thank goodness! I’m excited for the positive changes coming!

7 Likes

I really hope there is a plan in place to prevent these 1:1 copies that are already flying around in the marketplace despite these creators having to go through an application process. If we are opening up UGC - please enforce stricter rules and moderation on assets otherwise the marketplace will only consist of 1:1 copies of expensive limitless.

8 Likes

The 75 robux price floor is so good, I am so glad its that way, because it takes a lot of effort to learn and make bundles. And the improved moderation system will make it even better!!

Looking forward to the upcoming post about miscategorization of items

8 Likes

The elephant in the room here is the escalating issue of UGC limited rip-offs. These rip-offs have now reached a critical point where virtually every high-value limited accessory has been duplicated. The blame for this falls on the moderation team, which not only fails at preventing ripoffs, but also disappoints in their handling of asset rejections. This is why I welcome the introduction of moderation notes; they are long overdue, as deletions have appeared to be made in a seemingly arbitrary manner.

It’s genuinely astonishing that a company as sizeable as Roblox can’t effectively address such a minor issue. I am confident that assigning just two employees to oversee item moderation and deletions would entirely resolve this problem, there’s nothing too complicated about this.

Another thing we urgently need is greater transparency on this matter. It’s gaining significant attention, extending beyond the usual limited collector circles. The lack of any substantial action (outside of a few scattered deletions) despite this reaching mainstream awareness is worrisome.

26 Likes

Roblox mentions earnings a lot in this post, and that is great that we both ultimately want the same thing!

A more fair revenue split for marketplace creators is something that everyone should agree is a honest request.

Every announcement about UGC, more so than any other topic on the forum, hammers the message “Earn more!” “Improve Creator Earnings”

Yet Roblox continues to take the largest share from marketplace creators, including a 30% marketplace tax, a 40% affiliate fee (which nobody will answer why affiliates earn more than creators?)

and then the platform proceeds to double dip this tax through the developer’s exchange program, where you siphon another 76% of our already small 30% revenue share.

This results in every dollar spent on UGC, netting the creator ~9 cents, while roblox takes home 91 cents, this is the worst split of any creator oriented platform.

When will we get transparency about this revenue split? This topic is ignored repeatedly on Roblox’s end. (Truthfully, as per usual, I fully expect this reply to be ignored)

48 Likes

Desperately begging for more exotic body proportions to be possible. Aliens and dragons and birds and weird things are what I live for. People are uploading body suits to get around the rigid rules around body sizes.

Roblox should explore fallback avatars for experiences to opt into when it matters. I want to have a crazy avatar for social games, but I also want to be able to automatically switch to a more conservative avatar for games with tighter gameplay. Imagination in UGC is currently hamstrung with this one size fits all rules model. This could be implemented as tagging excessively large avatars and accessories separately from regular avatars and accessories, and switching on the fly depending on experience config.

11 Likes

Will this 750 fee be refunded if the upload is rejected, and will rejected submissions count against the daily allotment of uploads?

With uploading/selling tied to Premium, will there be a specific tier you will need to have?

11 Likes