UGC Studio - A free, easy to use, web-based 3D texture painting tool

UGC Studio

A free, easy to use, 3D texture painting tool for the web.

app.ugstudio.gg

Showcase
:discord: Join the Discord

ℹ️ About

UGC Studio is a super-simple texture painting tool for the web, allowing you to rapidly paint your assets with basic designs in 3D.

🛠️ Key Features

Paint Bucket & Brush

Paint directly on your asset in 3D with the bucket & brush tool! Any edits you make have full undo / redo support (same goes for all other tools).

auto prompt showcase

Stickers

Drag and drop images directly onto your object to create a sticker! Stickers can be moved, scaled, deleted, duplicated, and rotated. You can also upload your own images into the Sticker Library.

auto prompt showcase

Layers

Paint on different layers to get more control! You can create, delete, rename, and reorder your layers. Layers currently work with the paint brush and paint bucket.

auto prompt showcase

Preview your items on the classic character to get a idea of how your item will look! You can move, scale, and rotate your item. You can also switch between fit mode and paint mode at any time.

auto prompt showcase

That’s all for now!

Made with ❤️ by Team Taqla 🇨🇦
23 Likes

This is actually really insane! Good job on this! But… I don’t understand how this is better than blender? I mean, blender already provides these features with more things. The only thing blender lacks is the sticker feature and paint bucket.

1 Like

There’s always someone who does crazy stuff like this for little reason - I mean, I would seriously consider making this paid for as it competes with blender and other sources (maybe even paid) surprisingly well.

Also, even if you’re using blender - while there is a greater level of control - this is so much quicker to use.

Unfortunately though, this might lead to a lot of cashgrab, low-effort UGCs (somehow even more than currently exist lmao).

Being web-based is a significant plus compared to a program that you have to download. Without jumping down the rabbit hole, there’s a lot instances where web-based can bridge device restrictions (ex: allowing for tablet integration) or access restrictions (ex: downloads blocked using a public library computer).

1 Like

Okay but how are you going to get your UGC? Steal from online or use the presets? You would still have to download blender.

I am not hating on this resource btw. I love this resource and I hope to see this become better!

A. Two-person design team - one modeling, the other texturing
B. Solo developer commissions just a base mesh, because they can texture themselves (or make use of other generative tools)
C. Utilize assets with a commercial or royalty free license

Those are just a few off the top of my head. It may not be useful to you, but there’s plenty of other developers that might find this useful.

2 Likes

OMG yess!! I just realized you could colab with an online project, that would be so much more time effective, holy avocado that’s a brilliant idea.

These are all options, yes but I personally have a mobile 3d model creator. Granted, I have Android, so I don’t know if you can get one on Apple, but one could make 3d models on Android.

I don’t know if you implemented it yet but if the website also has support for drawing tablets, I can see it being an extremely useful tool.

rich art hat made by me

substance painter if it was free